Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First one!

Default First one!

I'm on the verge of ordering for my first build, and I need some advice/info.
    First off, for a Li-ion battery, a lot of them look like this one:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Li...dule-P672.aspx
    This is just one battery, do I need multiples of these? How do I recharge it?
    Also, do the blade holders come with a blade retention screw hole already in them?
    If the parts all screw together, do I have to glue them or anything?
    Thanks guys!
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

I haven't built anything yet so I may not be 100% correct with this but I will try me best.

You only need one of those batteries if you want to go with that setup. You recharge it by adding a recharge port to your saber (and usually a kill key) If you are wanting sound, you will need a board that supports the 3.7 volts that the 18650 provides such as the Nano Biscotte. The blade holders do not already come with a blade retention screw hole, you will need to drill one yourself or pay to have it done for you. All the parts screw together and you really shouldn't need to glue anything.

all the responses JCreazy gave are accurate.
    Good luck with your first build!

Thanks! Is there a Li-ion setup that comes out of the saber and charges or do they all plug in?
    Enemies are not accidental or unfortunate. We make them, we earn them, and we nurture them, whether we realize it or not. If we can't find real enemies, we'll invent them and make them as big as we can. They become out justification for living, or excuses for our own failings. Many of us would suffer if we didn't have them- who would need Jedi if there were no Dark Force users?

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Rake View Post
    Thanks! Is there a Li-ion setup that comes out of the saber and charges or do they all plug in?
    You can use these which you can remove and charge in this and you can use this and this to hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber Rake View Post
    If that's the route you want to go, you'd want batteries like these and a battery holder like this
    and then you have your choice of chargers.

Of course, it's possible to have a recharge port and removable batteries.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Ok, what kind of batteries are these? AA, AAA? How do the holders you guys showed me work? How many do they hold? Will these work in a regular rechargeable battery charger?

They are 18650 batteries, they are larger than AA batteries. The battery goes into the holder, the holder drops into the mount and the mount is then slid up into the hilt. They hole only 1 18650 battery. They will only charge in a charger meant for 18650 batteries. I suggest you watch this for more information.

JCreazy's response left out the actual battery holder which is listed here:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/18...lder-P886.aspx

It it will need to be slightly modified to with the speaker holder JCreazy listed.

Edit:
    Jcreazy, your response came in just as I was typing, LoL. Great link to MadCows's video.
    Last edited by DarthFender; 09-26-2015 at 06:15 PM.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthFender View Post
    JCreazy's response left out the actual battery holder which is listed here:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/18...lder-P886.aspx

It it will need to be slightly modified to with the speaker holder JCreazy listed.
    I most definitely listed the battery holder in my post.