Thread: First time builder needing help

Default First time builder needing help

So I've been following the lightsaber build guide for noobs by Lord Dottore Matto and I am not sure if I got the right stuff and I wanted to be sure before I ordered them.

The things I've got in my basket are:
    Hilt style 2-Machine 16mm AV switch hole
    MHSV2 Blade Holder Style 1
    Rebel Star LED & MHSV1 Heatsink Module-Luxeon Rebel Star (Deep Red)
    Star thermal tape pad
    Pommel style 3
    LED "Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD (36 inches)-Double Wrap-Bullet Shaped
    1/8" Adhesive lined heatshrink tubing
    16mm Anti Vandal Latching Red Ring Switch

If anyone could help me it would be appreciated.

You might want to swap that MHSv2 blade holder for a MHSv1 blade holder. The v2 and v1 parts are not compatible unless you get an adapter, and all your other parts appear to be v1.

I see no batteries or battery holders. If you have those already, that's fine.

The star thermal tape pad is already included in the Rebel LED & heatsink module, so it's not necessary to get another.

You're going to need a resistor for your main LED, and a resistor for the 16mm AV switch LED. The DynaOhm resistor will work fine for the AV switch, but you'll need to calculate the value for your main LED.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I'd recommend getting some 1/16" heat shrink as well. There isn't a lot of room between the legs on those latching AV switches. It can be done with 1/8" but it'll be easier/cleaner with 1/16". I usually use 1/16" most things anyways unless I'm joining multiple wires and need the extra space.

Also, latching switches are too long to fit in the body of the saber unless you use a bezel or an activation box.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.