Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hasbro "Blade Builder" Tear-Down Guide

There are only two electrical connections to the swing sensor, one is simply a mount.

If you look at the traces, you can see which ones are connected in the circuit. There is one that connects to a blank space on the board.

Default Different board set up.

I just pulled apart my blade builders and the board and it is a little different than the pictures I have seen on here before. Has anyone else gotten a blade builder with the switch a part of the board itself? Where is the switch wired in at?
    Last edited by Skibuf2; 07-01-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibuf2 View Post
    I just pulled apart my blade builders and the board and it is a little different than the pictures I have seen on here before. Has anyone else gotten a blade builder with the switch a part of the board itself? Where is the switch wired in at?
    The Kylo and Spin Saber version have the switch on board along with a 3 position switch that appears to allow the ON button to become a blaster block sound, but i cant seem to replicate it well enough to determine IF thats what it in fact does.

Board Lurker

How would i go about replacing the 3 pin clash sensor with the custom saber shops 2 pin clash sensor. From what ive seen on my board its the big black cylinder on the underside of the board.

Do you connect the resistor to the positive or negative wire?
    Laser Sword

Updated OP with attached images to compensate for the death of free embedded image hosting on the Web.

You need to log in to the TCSS Forum to see the images.

You are half correct. The onboard momentary switch works as normal (push on/ push off). The slide switch has 3 positions, first position is off. When off the momentary switch will not turn on at all nothing works it’s like a kill switch. The third position is on, now the momentary switch will work to turn the blade on it off. The second position or middle Is the demo position this is how it comes default in stores it allows kids to press the momentary switch and turn the blade on for about 10 to 15 seconds and then it automatically turns the board off what I did with mine Will slide it to the complete on position and put a dab of hot glue to ensure that it didn’t accidentally moved to demo or off these type of boards are all used in blade builder Hilts that are not character specific. Like the one in this photo I will try and add.

https://i.insider.com/54dd84c46bb3f7...jpeg&auto=webp

Quote Originally Posted by Skibuf2 View Post
    You are half correct. The onboard momentary switch works as normal (push on/ push off). The slide switch has 3 positions, first position is off. When off the momentary switch will not turn on at all nothing works it’s like a kill switch. The third position is on, now the momentary switch will work to turn the blade on it off. The second position or middle Is the demo position this is how it comes default in stores it allows kids to press the momentary switch and turn the blade on for about 10 to 15 seconds and then it automatically turns the board off what I did with mine Will slide it to the complete on position and put a dab of hot glue to ensure that it didn’t accidentally moved to demo or off these type of boards are all used in blade builder Hilts that are not character specific. Like the one in this photo I will try and add.

https://i.insider.com/54dd84c46bb3f7...jpeg&auto=webp