Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro "Blade Builder" Tear-Down Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Formidus View Post
    Will wiring in a speaker from the store improve the sound quality from this board? Or is there a way to make it louder?
    You might see a marginal improvement in sound quality. However, since the board is expecting a 16 ohm speaker, better add an 8 ohm resistor to be safe. As far as making it louder, I'd expect a good resonance chamber is what the doctor ordered. Other than that, I don't have any ideas that aren't risky.

Ok I'm getting ready to do my first wiring today sometime. I've put together a wiring schematic based on everything I've read online here in the forum. PicsArt_1446776017018.jpg Also, do I need a latching or momentary switch as the one that was wired in seems to be a momentary. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Darth Formidus; 11-09-2015 at 10:03 AM. Reason: forgot to ask something important

If the previous switch was momentary, the new switch will need to be momentary as well.

I don't see any issues with your diagram, other than the fact that you don't need a 5v regulator with a 3.7v power source. The regulator is designed to cut a higher voltage down to 5v, it does not raise a lower voltage up to 5v.

I don't believe the regulator will give you any issues or hurt anything, it's just unnecessary.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Thank you. Wasn't sure why it was needed but it was in the other diagrams so I put it in schematic anyway. I didn't want to fry the board. Will post pic or video when I'm done.

Just got mine today. Got a good deal on the Target website, $15 each. 20151112_163225.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Formidus View Post
    Ok I'm getting ready to do my first wiring today sometime. I've put together a wiring schematic based on everything I've read online here in the forum. PicsArt_1446776017018.jpg Also, do I need a latching or momentary switch as the one that was wired in seems to be a momentary. Thanks for the help.
    What resistor did you use with your 12w LED setup?

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    Just got mine today. Got a good deal on the Target website, $15 each. 20151112_163225.jpg
    Do they all sound identical? I think I read somewhere that only the Kylo Ren saber has a different sound font.

Yes, except for the led color, the sound boards and fonts are all identical.

I have been looking for these all sold out

Quote Originally Posted by utlonghorns416 View Post
    I have been looking for these all sold out
    I got mine at Walmart.com. Comes in on Tuesday.