Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro "Blade Builder" Tear-Down Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Inf4mous View Post
    this has been the most frustrating wiring job ive dealt with...I need help lol...So i wired my board using this diagram and my momentary switch will not power on the board!? i tried a bunch of different combinations also my leds are soooo dim wtf! help pleeeaasssseee

Attachment 13000
    This is my first build using the new Blade builders board, and I'm wondering if I were to add a 3 Watt Green LED could I use a Buckpuck with it? And if so how would I add it in?

hi everyone, i was just curious, what is the exact transistor used? ive been looking online for one, and not exactly sure what type to get, i know it has to be a PNP type transistor, but what was the exact one used?

thanks, and may the force be with you!!

Does anyone know if this will work with a 12w RRBB SaberForge LED and a 18650 from the store? These two came from a botched custom saber job that I bought.

Probably, but since its a different LED your resistors will be different.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

You'll need to know exactly what led was used. That's where the real problem lies. Most newer ones are Cree XB-D, newest claim to be XP-E, older ones are a crap shoot of what ever was available for cheep at the time.

So I've done a bit of research and feel like I can now ask a few questions about this specific board (From Rey's/Graflex Blade Builder).

1. The Swing Sensor has a ground. If I wanted to go for the double-axis swing sensor trick, is removing the current one going to disable that sound due to the ones from the store not having a ground? If so, can I add a second one to the bottom of the board and ignore the ground pin? I'm at a loss and don't want to risk putting the wrong leads together.

2. The Clash Sensor sticks out a little too much for my liking. Anyone safely bend it back or reverse its position to keep the board @ 1"x1"? Can it be replaced with an older clash sensor from another hasbro board with wire leads/breadboard mount?

3. Finally, that bloody 16ohm speaker. I know an 8ohm or 10 ohm resistor will allow me to use my bass speaker, is a 1/4 watt resistor going to affect the sound drastically?

Much appreciated to all who gave their input on this thread/ helped others!
    Last edited by Jay-mo; 08-24-2016 at 11:36 PM.

Personally, I just can't get the damn thing to stop making constant swinging sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    Personally, I just can't get the damn thing to stop making constant swinging sounds.
    In a bad way, I take it? Either way- a good reason to find a solution to the new 3 pronged sensor.

When I unboxed my Rey/Graflex & twirled it around (for.. ahem.. testing purposes) for a little while, it seemed that Y axis movement only caused swings... and rarely.

Maybe we can look into finding a new swing sensor with a ground to replace this one?

Hey, Someone asked about making the saber LOUDER. I'm looking at a similar project using Darth Vader saber currently for sale at the Disney store. This board has an 8ohm 1/4watt speaker. I was considering wiring on a 1.5 watt amp like this one and using one of the 2 watt speakers available. This board puts out 4ohm so I know I can use any 8ohm speaker. Is there a problem hooking a 4ohm amp to an 8 ohm sound board?

I know this is an old thread....but has ANYONE figured out how to wire TCSS Swing sensor to replace the erratic Hasbro sensor?

The 3 pins on the Hasbro is a headache...