Thread: MR Luke ANH question

Default MR Luke ANH question

i have a friend that is working on a Finn cosplay for upcoming events and for the episode 7 release. he has an MR Luke ANH saber that needs some serious repair... my biggest concern is the "clamp". his control box fell apart at some point.

he has the control box itself, but the bubble strip is gone and so is the piece that goes around the hilt that replicates the clamp.
    since pieces for MR hilts are few and far between, im wondering if there is much of a size difference between a MR ANH luke and a replica graflex.

what im hoping to do it get the replica graflex clamp that is in the store, file down the tabs on the inside (so it doesnt scratch up the hilt and will be flush on the hilt) and find a way to fix it onto the MR hilt.

I can find a way to install a switch inside the clamp, but im wondering if the possible outer diameter differences between the MR hilt and a graflex will cause me any problems.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

I don't know if you still need this info, but a Graflex replica clamp will not be any good to you in repairing a Master Replica Luke ANH Force FX. The MR hilt is much, much larger and fatter than a Graflex. I found a photo comparing the MR Luke ANH and a real Graflex.

Photoon2012-03-06at1932.jpg
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 10-13-2015 at 03:39 AM.
    There's always a bigger fish.