Thread: 3d file aka STL of covertec clip

Default 3d file aka STL of covertec clip

Hey guys, I'm going to start putting together a starkiller costume and while I have 1 covertec clip that I purchased right here... The costume requires a few more. I have access to a 3d printer so I was thinking if I could find a 3d file I could just print off some replicas. Does anyone happen to know of such a file? I just spent 2 hours on all the obvious choices, thingaverse, shapeways etc. Just wondering if anyone knew outright of one. If not, I'll just start my own.

Haven't seen one but could make one if you need. Just have to wkrk out the specs for it. Flat bottom or curved to match hilt?
    Last edited by Thalan the Exiled; 09-22-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalan the Exiled View Post
    Haven't seen one but could make one if you need. Just have to wkrk out the specs for it. Flat bottom or curved to match hilt?
    Clip, not knob.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

The clip will be a bit harder to print. It has moving parts that when printed wouldn't be functional

Agreed. Seems like more hassle than it's worth since they're pretty inexpensive already.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I couldn't find one at all. So I just made it. I made it in 4 pieces (5 if you count the wings twice). I don't need them functional so these should work good if anyone else like me is doing a starkiller costume, where you just need like 5 clips on your belt. I'll offer it to anyone here that wants it. But I think I may also put it up on shapeways, since I couldn't find any. You'd just stack and glue it together.

Is it ok if I post a shapeways link?