Thread: Check it out, little photoshop image of my saber concept, "Resolute"

Default Check it out, little photoshop image of my saber concept, "Resolute"

saber2.jpg

Just a few notes. The four goofy looking "dots" on the copper shroud are button screws, basically as shown here

I know the covertech clip is going to need to be moved up a bit more. In the image it's sitting on some threads.

I have one question for you all and that is what would be your advice for the copper colored shroud piece? Not really sure what material would be best used for that going over the ribbed extension.

Other than that I would love to get any additional comments, criticisms, advice, etc. I'm not going for anything to fancy pants with the electronics, hence just a single AA battery holder. Not sure on the sound board part yet, hence why I don't have it listed here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current parts list:
    MPS Pommel style 7
    4" Double female threaded connector
    MHS ribbed extension
    MHSV1 Blade Holder Style 24
    MHS Heat Sink V3
    Machined button for Covertec clip
    Activation box style 6
    16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Blue Ring Switch
    8-32 x .3" anodized thumb screw
    2-56 Button Head Screw
    Premium 28mm Speaker
    MHS speaker mount V2 - For 28mm Speakers
    Luxeon Tri-Rebel Star (Blue/Blue/White)
    18deg Tri-Rebel/Cree Star Lens
    2AA Battery holder
    MPS Insert style 1
    MPS Clip
    Star thermal tape pad
    MHS sleeve material
    Last edited by NewberL337; 09-23-2015 at 07:18 AM.

Toss the lens holder. You don't need it with the Tri-Rebel/Cree lens.

You'll want to get an MPS clip to hold your pommel insert in place. Also get the star thermal tape pad for attaching your LED to the heat sink.

You can keep the 2AA holder if you like. It'll hold 2x 14500 li-ion cells if you use a Petit Crouton or Crystal Focus sound board. It'll also hold a single 14500 and a dummy cell if you choose to use a Nano Biscotte or Prizm board.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

You will also want appropriate resistors for your tri rebel and a dynaohm for your mom switch ring, oh and get two star thermal tape pads just in case

For your copper shroud, I would probably just get the MHS sleeve material and either hit it with some metallic copper spray paint or powdercoat it.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

This is what you're referring to? Didn't even see this before. I think it will do really nicely. Thanks Mira!

Thank you for the input. Updated the list appropriately!

Quote Originally Posted by NewberL337 View Post
    This is what you're referring to? Didn't even see this before. I think it will do really nicely. Thanks Mira!
    Yep, that'd be it. Hopefully it comes back in stock soon.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.