Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PVC Saber Help Requested

A little late to the party, but another option for an older / well used look for your pvc saber,
    you could use Krylon Fusion (hammered finish) spray paint.

It's made specific for plastic, including pvc... no sanding or primer needed.
    Claims to be dry in 15 minutes and chip resistant after 7 days.

link for picture reference: http://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K025330.../dp/B0015WCU00

of course, with that site, if you hover the mouse over the image, it brings up a zoomed in close up, so you can see
    what the finish looks like on the spray can's cap.

Do you hear that?
    That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way.

Ok, first off, Jager, those designs are super cool! And that weathering looks fantastic besides. TwinMill, that spray paint looks pretty awesome. I bet that would make a fantastic undercoat and make the PVC look quite realistic.

I've seen some places where people have used a dry brushing technique for weathering as well. I might try to do a combination of Jager's technique as well as dry brushing in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Experienced Noob View Post
    Ok, first off, Jager, those designs are super cool! And that weathering looks fantastic besides. TwinMill, that spray paint looks pretty awesome. I bet that would make a fantastic undercoat and make the PVC look quite realistic.

I've seen some places where people have used a dry brushing technique for weathering as well. I might try to do a combination of Jager's technique as well as dry brushing in some areas.
    You could even combine several methods. The hammered fusion as a base in some areas for a pitted look, brushing and steel wool rub on top. Thanks BTW, these are my first for my son and nephew but it looks like more to come. Every kid that comes over wants one now so their keeping me busy. I put the PVC in my wood lathe and found you can do some really cool stuff with it.