Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Translucent Brass or Copper Examples?

Agreed! Oh and cool idea for the notched fluting on your hilt, interesting and practical chamber concept you have there

Thanks JediCarpet. Nice saber!

Quote Originally Posted by JediCarpet View Post
    Two more...I put my brass-insert pommel beside the powder coating for comparison. It's close, but real brass is a richer, slightly darker colour.Attachment 11974

This one shows the handle a bit better: Attachment 11975
    The parts that I got look nothing like yours. I was very disappointed. One of them barely has any color and the other one looks like it hasn't been powder coated at all. The only reason I didn't return them is because I live in Argentina and postage would have cost me as much as the parts.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."

Has anyone found out what Copper Transparent looks like yet?

I'd also like to see and copper examples. I've got a design plan, but I haven't decide between brass or copper coating. I think some examples would really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Has anyone found out what Copper Transparent looks like yet?
    Very difficult color. Took me about 60 attempts to get the color I wanted. Too thick of a coat, cook too long and it looks completely different. From pale fake looking all the way to orange.
    Last edited by Ari-Jaq Xulden; 01-24-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Thank! That looks good. I may try that if choke 2 comes back in stock soon.

Nice color!

Lots of failed attempts

Too light. Sticky residue left from improper flow.

Too dark in grooves.

Too thick. Orange IMO.

Overcooked.

Bleed over lines during flow. Trans over Black. Trying to cheat. Gross look IMO.

As stated, I went trough much trial and error to achieve the desired appearance. In the end I even settled for a slightly unfinished look, to myself.

Also repeating the process to have other pieces match is equally as difficult as achieving the proper look. Two trans colors next to one another is impossible. Originally I wanted trans copper next to trans gold. Never could get gold right at all. Two tone should be reserved for 1 color next to either black or raw aluminum. Even Clearcoat over trans will not work. Hope that helps.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.