Thread: Crystal Focus 7 - Colour Extender - Quad LED - 7.4 V - PLI

Default Crystal Focus 7 - Colour Extender - Quad LED - 7.4 V - PLI

Good day TCSS forum members! I have whipped up a wiring diagram for a quad led, crystal focus 7 with colour extender and power level indicator with R.I.C.E compatibility. If someone could glance over it and make sure everything seems correct that would be great thanks!
    mark2.jpg
    If you are not sure, ask. If you are sure, ask anyway, you may be enlightened.

I don't see any obvious errors with your wiring diagram. I'm not sure how your quad wires up exactly, so I'm gonna assume you have that part correct. You've got 4 + and 4 - wires, so it seems fine to me.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Oh wow! This is pretty much the same set-up I am looking at doing. Thanks for posting this!

Just curious because I am working on the same setup myself, but do you plan to use a resistor on your direct drive channel? I'm running a RGRbB setup and was told I needed to use a resistor.

Oops, I forgot to put that in, thanks for noticing! That channel is for a White LED with a forward voltage of 3.25 so my resistor will be the 3.9ohm 5w resistor correct?

what's the current you want to run your white on? I am calculating 3.7ohm

1000mA I believe, I can't find the information anymore since I've chosen to go with a tri-cree instead. I've recently purchased a lightsaber with a GGW LED and I have to say the white on top effect isn't the best. So to make things simpler, I'm scratching the quad LED and going with a tri-cree