Thread: Please check my wiring schematic (Buckpuck, Rebel Star, Recharge port, Hasbro)

Default Please check my wiring schematic (Buckpuck, Rebel Star, Recharge port, Hasbro)

Disregard. Post removed after some discussion, change in electronics direction and more research.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by T-RO; 09-29-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Honestly, having a hard time following your diagram but from what I can tell, you have no resistor for your switch LED and it looks like your switch is controlling your soundcard but not your LEDs, so your blade and switch LED would be running all the time when your kill key is removed.

Don't knock MSPaint, you can do some cool stuff with it
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I had not planned on a kill key.
    This wiring has my brain fried. I can find diagrams on here for buckpuck, or recharge port, or hasbro card. I havent found one yet that has everything i am using though.

People don't normally use buckpucks with soundboards.

Recharge ports are always going to be pretty much the same.

Is there a reason you are wiring your LED around the board rather than using the LED pad on the board?

You'll probably want a kill key so that your saber doesn't die when we aren't using it.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I saw another diagram around here that had a buckpuck running the led instead of the soundboard, thats why I designed mine like that. I thought the buckpuck was gonna make the led brighter than the soundboard would, thats why I ran it like that too.
    I will probably use a kill key now as well.

Ok, so my plan now is to
    Add kill key
    Dump the buckpuck
    Wire LED to board using existing wires/connection
    Wire switch to soundboard as before
    Route 1 JST plug from recharge to battery (just like before)
    Route a 2nd JST plug from recharge to soundboard battery connections (with switch LED tapped into here?)

Lots of things have changed since I originally posted this. Thanks for the help that I did receive though!