Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Arcann Inspired Saber Build

Madcow does it that way because he's experienced enough to know *why* he's doing it that way. The single resistor method saves space, and gives a baseline level of resistance to keep your LEDs from overdrawing current and doing Bad Things (tm). If you're doing color mixing, you'll still need a second resistor for at least one of the LED dice, so you're not really saving any effort on wiring.

There's no real difference to hooking up a standard resistor on the (+) or (-) side. My only recommendation is to choose one or the other, and then be consistent. The DynaOhm resistor is an exception to this rule, and it MUST go on the (+) side of the LED, and polarity is important on it.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Madcow does it that way because he's experienced enough to know *why* he's doing it that way. The single resistor method saves space, and gives a baseline level of resistance to keep your LEDs from overdrawing current and doing Bad Things (tm). If you're doing color mixing, you'll still need a second resistor for at least one of the LED dice, so you're not really saving any effort on wiring.

There's no real difference to hooking up a standard resistor on the (+) or (-) side. My only recommendation is to choose one or the other, and then be consistent. The DynaOhm resistor is an exception to this rule, and it MUST go on the (+) side of the LED, and polarity is important on it.
    Okay that makes sense...
    With color mixing on prism board you would want the resistors on the (-) because they share a common positive though, right?
    Its as clear as purple crayon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thousandlegends View Post
    Okay that makes sense...
    With color mixing on prism board you would want the resistors on the (-) because they share a common positive though, right?
    Correct.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

kool thanks

Question has anyone ever put a royal blue / royal blue / red Tri-LED in a saber to make purple that way?

Oh and I start machining this week so I will post some of my progress if I get any done
    Its as clear as purple crayon!!