Thread: Hello OMG this is awesome!

Default Hello OMG this is awesome!

Hey all!

My name is Richie, I have a collection of 8 store bought force fx sabers. I just found out about this whole other world of customizations and I can't wait to jump in. Take my money!!!

First noob question. I have one of the original darth fader sabers. It's the one with the activation switch on the back near the emitter, the metal lever, and it takes 6 AA batteries. Long story short...after some spirited dueling, the blade cracked right off the hilt. There's still a bit of the blade stuck in the hilt, but I've been using it as mainly a display piece and occasionally a hilt for cosplay.

After reading these forums a bit I'm seeing people convert their old force fx sabers to do crazy stuff! Would I be able to salvage this thing? Could I potentially convert it to accept a detachable blade?!?

Thanks!!!
    -Richie

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I think it should definitely be possible to convert it!

For help with specifics, try doing some searches for the saber in question on the forums here, I am sure someone has tried it before.

Also, you may want to speak with Jay-gon Jinn, he one of the resident Conversion Experts.