Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Kylo Ren Force FX Lightsaber Conversion Tutorial

Hi all,

What are the best blades to use for a converted Kylo Ren saber and where can I purchase them from? I can't find a cross guard set on US or SF or VV! :/

I am thinking of getting a set of Ripper Blades but I would like your opinions
    "Our time has come. For 300 years, we prepared. We grew stronger. While you rested in your cradle of power, believing your people were safe... and protected. You were trusted to lead the Republic—but you were deceived, as our powers of the dark side have blinded you. You assumed no force could challenge you...and now...finally...we have returned. You were deceived. And now, your Republic shall fall!"

Check out this thread http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...tom-hilt-build.
    It may lead you to what you want(?)

Hi in converting my kylo possibly to a rebel star for just the main led and keeping the stock side led do I need to use a 1ohm resistir still?

Each red LED requires a resistor. The forward voltage of each red die is usually less than the typical supply voltage/board output voltage that we use to build them. Use an Ohm's law calculator to determine the right resistor, like this one, and input all your numbers. If you buy your stuff from TCSS, which I did for both of my Kylos, you will notice that they list all the parameters for each of their LEDs so that you can calculate the proper resistor for your application. Nobody is going to spit out a resistor number for you, because they have no idea what your setup is. I ran a tri cree for my main blade on Kylo, and a single cree on each side emitter. I have no flash on clash, as its just a prop for 501st gigs. Good luck.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 08-13-2017 at 06:27 AM.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Just picked up a Kylo saber last night and was just about to start converting it, but how do you get the pin out from behind the gold clamp in the beginning? Looking at mine I have part of the metal cylinder obstructing the pin if I were to try to punch it though. Any help would be much appreciated.

Photo of the pin you're talking about, or a better description of location. "behind gold clamp in beginning"? Not sure, are you talking about the pin underneath the saber clip? Depending on the mod you're doing, may not even need to take that one out. Leave the whole bottom half as one piece, an just remove it from the head. To do that, all you need to do is to remove the plastic cover from the top of saber that goes over the switch. Take off that cover, remove the center pin that is exposed once you remove that cover. Remove the 2 small flat head screws from the sides and detach the whole lower half of the saber. Oilah.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Photo of the pin you're talking about, or a better description of location. "behind gold clamp in beginning"? Not sure, are you talking about the pin underneath the saber clip? Depending on the mod you're doing, may not even need to take that one out. Leave the whole bottom half as one piece, an just remove it from the head. To do that, all you need to do is to remove the plastic cover from the top of saber that goes over the switch. Take off that cover, remove the center pin that is exposed once you remove that cover. Remove the 2 small flat head screws from the sides and detach the whole lower half of the saber. Oilah.

Tom
    Yeah, its the pin under the gold clamp. Do I not need to take off the bottom to convert the saber with saber shop conversion piece?

No. You only need to remove the red wire from the top hold downs and the 2 screws holding in the head at the top behind the side emitters, and the plastic piece to remove the center pin. Remove the whole lower hilt from saber head, then you can put in the TCSS conversion kit.

Thread from the dead but... what did you guys end up using for blades? I’d like an infinity blade but not sure on the sides

I use a home-made 1" thin walled (VV style diffusion) on main blade, and icicles in quillions. I'm working on a Teensy Neopixel, so I don't have to goop up my blades with crap to get the unstable look. I don't like goop on my blades.

Tom