Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylo Ren Force FX Lightsaber Conversion Tutorial

Hey Tim, I saw that you weren't getting many responses for these kits, so I thought I would give some feedback! I received my kit and installed it successfully, as you can see in the photo
    IMG_5802.jpg
    It works wonderfully! The blade fits extremely tightly, almost tight enough for me to confidently say it doesn't require a retention screw. Like seriously tight!

The top ring of the saber emitter is just barely too small for a blade to easily pass through, so I'm going to sand that down later. Thanks for producing the kit!

What did you do for the side blades?

For now I just took everything off of them. I really only intend on putting the hilt on display, so just have the plastic led holders just sitting there. Not the prettiest solution but I'll figure something out!
    I know the blades that came with it seem to be smaller than 1" but I'm not sure by how much... Might have to bore out the side emitters and install retention screws!

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Did not get much response form the couple we sent out. Just sent out another so once I hear back on that one we will move forward. I think they are good to go though.
    I got three of the Kyle Ren kits and they all worked perfectly. Just thought I'd give my feed back.

Ok, so I got the kit the other day but no info with it, I have everything wired up and running but I can't for the life of me figure out how it goes back together using the kit? Where do I cut, where does the board go, where is the switch going to be? First conversion was hard enough getting the wires to stay on the LED now I can't put it back to together. This tutorial should be updated using the new conversation kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajeta View Post
    Ok, so I got the kit the other day but no info with it, I have everything wired up and running but I can't for the life of me figure out how it goes back together using the kit? Where do I cut, where does the board go, where is the switch going to be? First conversion was hard enough getting the wires to stay on the LED now I can't put it back to together. This tutorial should be updated using the new conversation kit.
    There's a picture where to cut here http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ha...kit-P1145.aspx just look through them and you'll see. And as for the board i wasn't able to put it in the way it's shown in this tutorial so what I did was turn it around and rewire it with longer and mor flexible wires. But you'll need to cut the middle colum out so that the board can sit in there flat. And then I used some gorilla glue to keep it together.

Default here's what i did with the sound board.

kylo ren sb.jpg
    i turned it around, opposite of what the tutorial shows due to the conversion kit. i had to extend the wires so i had to rewire the soundboard.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I didn't even think to put the sonudboard in like that. Lmao
    Live and learn I guess. Lol

Thanks so much Shameem! This means a lot!