Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Kylo Ren Force FX Lightsaber Conversion Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Someone is sending theirs in so we can design one.
    Let me know if it falls through, I'm happy to send mine in for you guys to work on. I converted mine, but the short depth of the holder means I would like something better to hold the blade in

Dont know if anybodys disassembled the battery pack yet but I want to remove the bottom of the battery pack and i was wondering if it was glued on? How can I remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by emperor Vader View Post
    Dont know if anybodys disassembled the battery pack yet but I want to remove the bottom of the battery pack and i was wondering if it was glued on? How can I remove it?
    I actually couldn't figure out a good way to get mine off so I ended up just taking a hacksaw along the seam and cutting it that way, not the best way obviously, but it worked fine and I just popped a dab of hot glue on the edge to put it back together. The speaker sits just beneath the edge of the black painted part that is above the silver if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by vtswordfish View Post
    I actually couldn't figure out a good way to get mine off so I ended up just taking a hacksaw along the seam and cutting it that way, not the best way obviously, but it worked fine and I just popped a dab of hot glue on the edge to put it back together. The speaker sits just beneath the edge of the black painted part that is above the silver if that makes sense.
    lmao i did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Someone is sending theirs in so we can design one.
    Sorry strydur I didnt get a notification of your reply and I just saw it right now. I've since finished my conversion on the Kylo saber using this guide and parts from your shop. It was quite easy. I can still send in the saber if you still need it even though it's converted. I also just got the Luke ANH black series last night if you needed that one for a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by vtswordfish View Post
    Saaaaaaaame lol.

Actually I found that even after I replaced the speaker with a much better one, the sound quality was still pretty crap. I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to electronics, but I'd imagine that if you have the same power supply (3 AA batteries) powering three LEDs on the Kylo Ren saber compared with 3 AA batteries powering a single LED on any other MR/Hasbro saber, that the sound will be diminished on the Kylo saber since there's not as much power left over after three LEDs are lit up. Again, this is just my own layman's understanding, I could be wildly mistaken, in which case I'd be happy to learn more.

Darth mario95 what set screw did you use for the main and cross blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Venobi View Post
    Darth mario95 what set screw did you use for the main and cross blade?
    Just a standard 8-32 set screw on each.

Hello,

I would like to undertake a ForceFX Kylo Ren conversion and came across your thread which would be absolutely perfect!!! Only problem is that I cannot see any of the pictures. I've tried several computers but they are all the same unfortunately. Any chance that you could repost the pictures? Thanks heaps in advance.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpat View Post
    Hello,

I would like to undertake a ForceFX Kylo Ren conversion and came across your thread which would be absolutely perfect!!! Only problem is that I cannot see any of the pictures. I've tried several computers but they are all the same unfortunately. Any chance that you could repost the pictures? Thanks heaps in advance.

Cheers
    This is recent, they were there a few days ago. Hopefully (maybe) the OP will referesh the links soon.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com