Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro "Saber Builder"

Default Hasbro "Saber Builder"

Yesterday was Force Friday, so of course I secured one of the new cheapie lightsabers with the intention of ripping it apart to make something cooler. I am referring to the new "Blade Builder" series.

It looks like Hasbro as gone to 16 Ohm speakers. This will make them incompatible with the 8 Ohm speakers that TCSS sells unless you add an 8 Ohm resistor in series. Failure to do so may cause under-loading of the boards amplifier circuit and cause it to break. I'm working a write-up of how to disassemble the new sabers, but for now I thought I'd post this info as a heads-up to the *real* saber builders here.

Update: I finished the tear-down guide. You can view it here:CLICK HERE
    Last edited by JakeSoft; 10-03-2015 at 07:35 AM.

I'll be taking note of this, as I've been eyeing that $30 Kylo Ren for a custom crossguard build. Don't know how different the internals are compared to the rest of the blade builder series though, considering it only runs on two AAs.

Being a bit new to this, though, might one instead use two 8 Ohm speakers in series, rather than one resistor and one speaker?
    Last edited by Kouri; 09-05-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouri View Post
    Being a bit new to this, though, might one instead use two 8 Ohm speakers in series, rather than one resistor and one speaker?
    You might be able to do that in theory. Personally, I'd just use a resistor because I don't want to find space for another speaker in my build.

For anyone interested, here is what the board looks like from the Luke Skywalker version.

The Luke is out???? I thought it didn't come out until November??? Luke ANH that is

Quote Originally Posted by Halliwax View Post
    The Luke is out???? I thought it didn't come out until November??? Luke ANH that is
    Nah, it's the Luke ROTJ version.

Huh, what're the dimensions of that board?

It's about 1 inch x 1 inch for the board itself. Add a little extra for the cash sensor hanging off the bottom (the green thing). It fit pretty easily into some 1 inch PVC pipe in a recent build.

I am assuming it would fit into an MHS1 build? I am holding out and hoping that a yoda lightsaber is released in the blade builder line.

Quote Originally Posted by JCreazy View Post
    I am assuming it would fit into an MHS1 build? I am holding out and hoping that a yoda lightsaber is released in the blade builder line.
    Yeah, it would fit.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.