Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Lite Whip

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Unless you're using muliple strands of EL wire, there's no need to put it inside of some kind of tubing.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Hmmm, good point. At least I didn't add diffusing film to that list.

Thread necromancy AND talking about stuff not in the shop: Luxeon makes a lens nowadays just for fiber optics...so answering your p1 question J-Lo, you could adapt any existing hilt for it.

Not sure how best to anchor it to the hilt; maybe get a custom milled piece that thumbscrews into the blade holder that the fiber optics barely fits into, then crimp the hell out of the end that goes back to the lens? I don't know much about fiber optics, and it's bound to be a LOT of strain, but it might work...or again, any of the variations on clear jumprope, medical tubing, etc., but the key is it could be fitted into a disused MHS...

Most importantly, if it Does pay off, I bet we could get Tim to carry it in the shop. There, now it's not brand disloyalty, it's R&D. ^_^
    Last edited by Tyhm; 05-15-2010 at 12:11 PM.
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Grayven and Novastar already settled the question for lightwhips...Gravy with his lightwhip PWNED fencing master Novastar with a conventional lightsaber. Even though 'canonically' Luke used lightsaber and shoto to beat Lumiyas lightwhip actual experiment by Gravy and Novastar leaves serious doubt that anything can beat a lightwhip...they are TRES formidable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOHsRtmxzms

I don't know about "anything", as there are many weapons that could give it a run for its money (such as a projectile/firearm weapon)... but yes, LightSaber vs. LightWhip = not a good day for the guy with the saber to say "I didn't get hit very much", lol.

I STILL want to do some more experiments with me not being injured (my right ankle was VERY bad in October 2009 from a crashed tricking/acro thing)... and also to experiment with dual sabers or one short and one long... ... but that will come in time.

Besides, I don't think it will make THAT much difference. It might improve things for the saber-wielder a bit--but not much.

Regarding any kind of de-railing (just thought about it), this thread is about EL Light Whips... although it's true that I believe anyone who can illuminate the cable in a smart/bright fashion--will get good stuff from this thread.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Yeah how are your boys doing?

I am really starting to get back the urge to remake my lightwhip. It's all there, you saw Nova. Just sitting waiting for me to put it together that's it. You just think about your present future right now. We have time for me to take the rest of your boys later.

I just want to say I think it's odd that this thread was started 3 1/2 years ago, yet not one person has joked about the misspelled title sounding like a diet substitute for whipped cream or mayonnaise.
    There's always a bigger fish.

hahahahahha @ Matt... :P

Lite Whip -- now with raspberry flavoring!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide