Thread: Nano Biscotte not going into sleep mode..

Question Nano Biscotte not going into sleep mode..

Hi guys. I've recently rewired by saber with a Nano Biscotte 1.0 so that it uses protected 3.7v 18650 batteries. My old (unprotected) batteries failed after 3 years of usage. I like to be able to swap out my batteries for a fresh ones so I thought I'd give protected batteries a try. I took out the PCB board and recharge port since I no longer needed them and wired the battery holder straight to the sound board. Everything seems to work perfectly, except the Nano Biscotte doesn't seem to go into sleep mode any more. In sleep mode, the battery can last for months, but at the moment, my batteries drain completely after a couple of hours WITHOUT turning it on, so I assume its still running. Anyone has any solutions for this? I want my NB soundboard to be able to go into sleep mode, conserving battery when not in use.

Now I am no expert, but I think not using protected cells for the past three years is the root of your problem.

ALWAYS USE PROTECTED CELLS.

If he was using a PCB with his unprotected cells, that would make them protected. In any case, protected or unprotected cells will not effect the sleep mode of the saber.

Three things come to mind: One, you have a short somewhere that is causing the battery to drain. Two, the setting for deep sleep mode has been changed on the SD card. Three, your new battery may have an issue.

If the saber is draining completely after a couple of hours with the saber OFF, then that's not normal behavior, no matter what setting deep sleep is in. Check for short circuits, and/or try a different battery.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!