Thread: NBv2 + Recharge Wiring Check Please

Thumbs up NBv2 + Recharge Wiring Check Please

Hey all,

IRL hasn't let me post or build in a while, it's good to be back!

The Force Awakens fast approaches and my wife has demanded her new saber finished. The parts are assembled and ready to go, all that remains is a wiring check and I'm good to build.

I've done a couple of builds before but never with a recharge port or soundboard, so this is mainly to make sure they're both hooked up right.
    I'm using a single 18650 3.7V cell and White Seoul P4, calculations tell me I don't need a resistor on the main LED so I've left that off. I'm also using a pre-wired NBv2 and the diagram doesn't show all the connectors.

Siren_Wiring-02.jpg

Thanks in advance!
    Rei

You need to label all the symbols so we can make heads or tails of your diagram.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Those are standard electrical diagram symbols. Looks fine to me, but I would still consider adding a resistor for the main blade led to insure against thermal runaway from your white P4.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks guys!

Forgetful Jedi > As Jay-gon says they're standard symbols, but it would better help anyone searching the forum to get my finger out and label it up next time

Jay-gon Jinn > So would you add a 0.1Ω 5% @ 1/4W there? I'm not sure how easy that will be to find

I don't know the specs on Seoul LEDs so I dunno if that value is correct but I don't think it would be too hard to find. I feel like I probably have some at home.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

If the box in the middle of the diagram is the illuminated push button, you need to wire its LED differently.
    With the current wiring I think it will cause troubles to the main switch.

If you want the switch to turn up as soon as you remove the killkey the wiring is nearly correct, just move the anode to the main positive.
    If you want it to turn up with the blade, wire it in parallel to the blade LED.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Thanks guys!

Forgetful Jedi > As Jay-gon says they're standard symbols, but it would better help anyone searching the forum to get my finger out and label it up next time

Jay-gon Jinn > So would you add a 0.1Ω 5% @ 1/4W there? I'm not sure how easy that will be to find
    Get the next closest size you can find, or try it first and see if it causes any issues with unwanted, multiple swing sounds, as that is the indicator that the led is pulling too much current through the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Taking the advice of Don Se Wion and Jay-gon Jinn, I've added a resistor to the main LED (closest I could find to 0.1 1/4W was a 0.5 1/4w) and moved the button accent LED to the main positive.

Just waiting for a pack of resistors to arrive and I'm good to go. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Siren_Wiring-02-2.jpg