Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help Choosing a Blade Holder

Default Help Choosing a Blade Holder

Hi everyone I am having trouble piking a Blade Holder. I have my chose narrowed down to two Holders, and I can't make up my mind on which one looks best. So I am asking for everyones opinion what they think.

The look I am going for is the Saber of a Rogue Jedi, somewhere halfway between the Light and Dark Side of the Force.
    The hole body will be in silver with a violet blade.

Here are the parts of my saber.

* Hilt Style 3
    * MHS Choke Style 3
    * MPS Pommel Style 8
    And the two Blade Holders I like your opinion on.
    * Blade Holder Style 10
    * Blade Holder Style 19

Thank You for all your thoughts.
    May the Force be with you.

I think of those 2 holders I would go with 10. I am not a fan of 19 with the rest of your parts. IMO

Blog Entries

Have you tried building it with both blade holders in the builder and comparing. It's a subjective thing and will ultimately come down to what YOU like. It's your saber after all.

My opinion go with something simple, BH 2 or 3. Or if you have the ability to, cut out a simple piece of shroud material and use either of the before mentioned.
    Chasm is on a good track, it is your saber

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Between those two, I would say I think 10 looks better personally

Hi there!

Here I got a couple of friends willing to meet you

SR-Saber-Collection.jpg

Maybe will help, there are 2 classic looks with both blade holders and 2 not-so-classic. If you want more renders, just ask. I think the #10 is better mach with that pommel too.

I would love to see more renderings. Thank you for the pics.

Your very welcome, happy to help. I suppose you got any ideas in your mind about colors, blade color? Do you like any combination in particular?

I have a couple of sabers using blade holder style 19. To me it has always looked best when used with a shroud.

Here are six Saber mock-up I would like to see. If you have the time and if its not to much trouble. Thanks.

#1. MPH Pommel Style 8/ Hilt Style 3 with Black anodized grooves/MHS Choke Style 3 in Gold/ Blade Holder Style 10/ Blade Color: Violet

#2. MPH Pommel Style 8 in Black/ Hilt Style 3 with Black anodized grooves/ MHS Choke Style 3 in Black/ Blade Holder Style 10/ Blade Color: Violet

#3. MPH Pommel Style 8 in Black/ Hilt Style 3 in Black with Silver anodized grooves/ MHS Choke Style 3 in Gold/ Blade Holder Style 10/ Blade Color: Violet

Repeat these three mock-us with Blade Holder Style 19 in place of Blade Holder style 10.

Thanks Again for all your help.