Thread: Hello all.

Default Hello all.

I'm new to everything about this (except an electronics class I took in highschool... And got a D in, lol)
    But making a lightsaber has been on my bucket list since I was a wee thing back in the 80s.

My intro to realistic sabers was ultrasabers (they advertise a lot) and then saberforge, but honestly, I'm never going to be able to drop 500+ on anything all at once, so I just wrote the possibility off.
    Finding this place was like stumbling upon a lightaber itself just sticking out of the ground, it suddenly became possible again. ^_^
    Plus I love to tinker, so putting it all together myself, like a Jedi would... Is just awesome icing on the cake.

It's nice to meet you all, and I look forward to getting to know ya!

-Thomas

Hello there, welcome to the forums. I know where your coming from. I spent a lot of time debating whether to buy from those who remain nameless around here. So glad I didn't as finding TCSS is like joining the Jedi order. I've recently built my first MHS saber and I've enjoyed every step of this new hobby/obsession so far as well as the satisfaction of building my own 'unique' lightsaber. I can't wait to start the next one
    Good luck with your build and MTFBWY
    Last edited by Greenie; 08-19-2015 at 04:38 AM.

Welcome to the party.

Be sure to check out the Informational and Tutorial Videos section of the forums. They will serve you well.

Also, "a wee thing back in the 80s" made me chuckle.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Hello there, welcome to the forums. I know where your coming from. I spent a lot of time debating whether to buy from those who remain nameless around here. So glad I didn't as finding TCSS is like joining the Jedi order. I've recently built my first MHS saber and I've enjoyed every step of this new hobby/obsession so far as well as the satisfaction of building my own 'unique' lightsaber. I can't wait to start the next one
    Good luck with your build and MTFBWY
    Yeah I'm so glad I didn't jump the gun on buying from other places. I just hope I'm up to the task of putting one all together, I guess I'll see.
    Thanks for the warm welcome Greenie ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Welcome to the party.

Be sure to check out the Informational and Tutorial Videos section of the forums. They will serve you well.

Also, "a wee thing back in the 80s" made me chuckle.
    Thanks Miraluka And I certainly will.
    Rob's videos are actually the thing that led me here. I watched a few of them before I even looked up the site. Dude's like the Bob Ross of lightsabers "We're just going to apply some happy little wall-putty to this part..." lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaltegeist View Post
    Yeah I'm so glad I didn't jump the gun on buying from other places. I just hope I'm up to the task of putting one all together, I guess I'll see.
    Thanks for the warm welcome Greenie ^_^
    I'm sure you will be 'up to the task'. When I first saw some of the amazing work of more expirenced and professional saber smiths (madcow, goodman, sloth furnace). I felt it was way beyond my skill set, which lead me to consider buying
    Some months later Ive built my first saber (and my confidence), which I'm very proud of.

I've since heard that when you buy from the unamed they often come with 'issues' and need returning.
    If you have issues with your own build, there is a wealth of experience and friendly advice on these forums
    Read and research, most questions have been asked and answered. When you light up your saber for the first time, you'll be punching the air or high fiving strangers

(I'm by no means comparing my small achievement to those I name checked but I do aspire)