Thread: noob question.

Default noob question.

Hi first time posting, but a long time lurker. I'm building a pvc saber using the soundboard from a vader ultimate fx saber. I figure this would be a good practice run. I have my electronics working fine. My question is how much of the blade needs to sit inside the emitter/ blade holder? I want to make sure that my blade won't come out even with the blade screw. Plus it will help with the placement of the LED.

Thanks for your time.

Blade sockets are usually 1.5 - 2" some are deeper, I've seen a few shallower but I'd say 2" is a good depth. Retention screw usually towards the middle of the socket. Maybe a liiittle closer to the blade than the middle.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Blade sockets are usually 1.5 - 2" some are deeper, I've seen a few shallower but I'd say 2" is a good depth. Retention screw usually towards the middle of the socket. Maybe a liiittle closer to the blade than the middle.
    Thanks a bunch. I was planning on putting the retention screw closer the the blade. I just wasn't sure on how deep to sink the blade.