Thread: PVC + misc saber

Default PVC + misc saber

So I was trying to decide on a single design before I built my first MHS saber, and was waiting for some parts to be restocked.
    I decided in the mean-time to build myself a PVC saber with some of the left over PVC I had from building my kids PVC sabers.
    Had a few copper fittings lying around and stumbled across a piece of aluminum tube that was the right size and here's what I came up with.

Very nice, very inspiring.
    I have a bunch of little cousins who I would like to make some PVC sabers for but I have the feeling that by the time I get around to it, they will all be in grad school.

Good looking saber you have there!

I'm on my phone and your photobucket isn't opening for some reason. The little thumbnails look sweet though, haha.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Added a blade plug
    20150817_020723.jpg20150817_020112.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tkehl; 08-16-2015 at 11:08 PM.

Dude! That is a fine looking saber Is it a just a stunt saber? Cos I would throw in an NB and call it awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Dude! That is a fine looking saber Is it a just a stunt saber? Cos I would throw in an NB and call it awesome!
    Ya it's just a stunt saber. I thought about it but the NB are out of stock.

Blog Entries

Very cool. Is that the lighting or did you put some kind of weathering on the lighter piece?

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Very cool. Is that the lighting or did you put some kind of weathering on the lighter piece?
    That's the aluminum tube. It was an anodized tube and I started sanding away the anodized layer so I could get the nice shiny aluminum look. About half way through I noticed it looked kind of cool with the streaks of the anodizing that you see in the pics. So I left it like that.