Hi everyone,

I have wired a stunt saber and everything is fine and dandy. The LED is bright. 1 watt white led 3Vf, 2 AAA batteries. No resistors (not required)

Then i got hold of an econo soundboard from someone. Don't know what model is it taken from. Also not sure what voltage and amperage it can take and output.

Anyway, I wired it up and it works but the LED is really dim. I tried changing the batteries.

2AAA (3 volt) = Sound is weak, led is too dim

3AAA (4.5 v) = Sound is slightly louder but led is still dim but better than 3v.

4AAA (6 v) = Sound is louder still, led is brighter but still less bright than without soundcard

9v rectangular battery = same like 6v. led is only as bright as 6v but dimmer than without soundcard.

The econo soundcard has 3 led negative leads (wired together to led -) and 1 positive lead (wired to led +)

My guess is that the the econoboard output current is less than the 2AAA battery which is why led is not as bright. And even though i add voltage, it seems to be restricting the amount of current it can output.

I have attached the photo of the econoboard front and back below:

My questions are :

1. What sound board is this? any specs or Vf and mA, or any links where i can find such info

2. Is this soundcard suitable to be used to power an led of 3Vf ? (it's not as bright even though 4AAA=6V is used)

3. How to make the LED brighter when using this soundcard? (anyway to increase current output?)

Any help will be much appreciated.