Thread: Need Help with Econo soundboard

Default Need Help with Econo soundboard

Hi everyone,

I have wired a stunt saber and everything is fine and dandy. The LED is bright. 1 watt white led 3Vf, 2 AAA batteries. No resistors (not required)

Then i got hold of an econo soundboard from someone. Don't know what model is it taken from. Also not sure what voltage and amperage it can take and output.

Anyway, I wired it up and it works but the LED is really dim. I tried changing the batteries.

2AAA (3 volt) = Sound is weak, led is too dim

3AAA (4.5 v) = Sound is slightly louder but led is still dim but better than 3v.

4AAA (6 v) = Sound is louder still, led is brighter but still less bright than without soundcard

9v rectangular battery = same like 6v. led is only as bright as 6v but dimmer than without soundcard.

The econo soundcard has 3 led negative leads (wired together to led -) and 1 positive lead (wired to led +)

My guess is that the the econoboard output current is less than the 2AAA battery which is why led is not as bright. And even though i add voltage, it seems to be restricting the amount of current it can output.

I have attached the photo of the econoboard front and back below:

My questions are :

1. What sound board is this? any specs or Vf and mA, or any links where i can find such info

2. Is this soundcard suitable to be used to power an led of 3Vf ? (it's not as bright even though 4AAA=6V is used)

3. How to make the LED brighter when using this soundcard? (anyway to increase current output?)

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hopefully this might help you.
    I think the sound board is from a Duel Action Jedi Lightsaber toy from Hasbro... I typed in the 91499 JEDI (from the board) into google and funny enough that came up as first result.

as far as fixing the brightness i think some people have wired the LED to the switch not the board, but in parallel with the board after the switch..hopefully that makes sense and im not mistaken here

Thank you hermitjensen.

I will want to try that. I don't quite understand "in parallel with the board after the switch". Mind illustrating it with a simple diagram? This currently how it is wired. What else do i need to make it "parallel"?

should have thought of uncle google earlier...LOL.
    Last edited by obi-six; 08-15-2015 at 09:22 AM.

It looks like a regular Hasbro board. Use the instructions from this thread to wire it up.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Thanks for the info, BZWingZero.