Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tri-cree XP-E2 yellow?

Question Tri-cree XP-E2 yellow?

Hey guys, bit of an odd question here... but with the Tri-cree XP-E2, which would be the best choices to go for for a good yellow blade?

Was thinking Amber / Amber / Green, but not 100% sure of my choice on this yet... first time really looking at the TriCree pieces.

thanks for any assist

I can't answer your cree question, but I can vouch for a tri rebel red-orange/lime/whatever.

The lime is silly bright and you can tune in whatever "yellow" you like.

As a bonus, current draw and forward voltages can be fairly modest.

I second Spiritchaser's post! My saber has that exact LED setup with the third die set as white. This is the best LED mixture I have yet to see for a yellow. I've tried a LEDEngin and a Tri-Rebel RGB and while they were good, this one is the best. Here is an example of the yellow you can achieve:

Welcome to saber building. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

"Don't get the idea that your [lightsaber] is a quick little project to be slapped together." - Luke Skywalker

Chiming in with another vote for Rebel Lime + something red to tune. I haven't had a chance to try out a multi-die Rebel setup, but I managed a nice yellow with just a Rebel Lime and an amber color disc:

ohhh those are beautiful yellows... wow, thanks so much for that... might be heading that route instead for my next saberstaff

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritchaser View Post
    I can't answer your cree question, but I can vouch for a tri rebel red-orange/lime/whatever.

The lime is silly bright and you can tune in whatever "yellow" you like.

As a bonus, current draw and forward voltages can be fairly modest.
    True story. Lime is super bright and fairly yellowy. I bet you're right. an A/rO/L Could probably make some awesome yellow... note to self...
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinimax View Post
    I second Spiritchaser's post! My saber has that exact LED setup with the third die set as white. This is the best LED mixture I have yet to see for a yellow. I've tried a LEDEngin and a Tri-Rebel RGB and while they were good, this one is the best. Here is an example of the yellow you can achieve:

Newbie here, but I saw this post, and wondered where you got the led setup you did. I want to try to make a yellow/orange saber, and was wondering where you got your led. Did you have to make it yourself, or were you able to order it in that combination, if the later, where? I tried looking in the shop here but didn't see that color combination offered.

That has to be ordered custom from luxeonstar themselves. Google is your ally here.

I soon will start my wife's saber and she wants a golden yellow. I will have to give the red orange/lime a try!

I want to use yellow for my flash on clash and so from what I'm reading, to get as close to yellow as possible you need to mix red-orange and lime green? Was a resistor needed? Thanks for any help.

Also I'll be using the tri cree and I see they don't have a lime green so should I use green?
    Last edited by emperor Vader; 03-18-2017 at 10:04 PM.