Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Second Saber "Vindicare" sitll in design stage

Default Second Saber "Vindicare" sitll in design stage

So I am working on my second saber. Ibam going with a very dark look with this one. I am not sure if I am going to add sound or not since I have a NBv2 just sitting around. Mostly a space issue. If I have space then I will if not I will save it for my third saber. Ok so now for the parts.

Pommel style 3
    2" double female
    Long choke #3
    Blade holder #27
    12mm switch
    Recharg port

Total length 9.675"

Vinvicare.jpg

I kept the length under 10" since this is meant to be a single hand saber. Something easy to hide under a robe. Hope you like it. I will post more once I get the parts ordered. I am waiting on the choke to come back in stock.

I'm a big fan of the long choke (made my first saber with it) but I think you may be in for a tight fit on the sound card and battery, although there are far better people than me to ask on that. I like the use of that Blade holder, but you may also, depending on which heat sink you use, run into trouble with it fitting into the choke properly (I just had to deal with this on a saber I made for a friend and am now upgrading. Major thanks to Tim for being able to do a piece of custom work to handle it.
    Do add the NB into your plans. I love these little boards, they're rugged, easy(er) to solder and sound great. I you run into trouble with stuffing in the 18650/18500, you might consider expanding the rear section to 3" of double female and a shorter pommel. I confess to a personal fondness for pommel 3v1, 6 and 7 for the "concealable" saber since they won't snag on clothing but that's a personal preferences. Good luck and keep us posted

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Looks cool! Is that a switch or recharge port in the lower extension?

edit: Wait, nevermind, once I made it bigger I saw a red ring, so I assume its meant to be a 12mm AV

Yes 12mm switch and if some'ne could tell me can you fit a 12mm switch and a recharge port in a 2" double female. If not I will have to re think my switch and maybe go with a tactile. And I don't think I am gonna do sound. It would be to much hassle to fit it in there. As for the led heatsink I think I am gonna go with a tri led so that shortens the heatsink quite a bit

Force Aware
    Force Aware
    Force Aware

The name reminds me of an Assassin from the game Warhammer 40,000. Nice design.
    Sean

SciFiHero.net Member; SG Operations Home of SG-Socom Member

the name is actually Latin for Vengeance. so does anyone know if you can put a recharge port and a 12mm switch in a 2" double female section

First of all, great design. MHS often sees repetition in designs by its nature, so it's great to see a saber like this that stands out.

To answer your question, you would be hard pressed to fit both the av switch and the recharge port in that section, so I would bump it up to a 3", personally. You only have 1" of space to work with on a 2" extension, since you have almost a half inch of threads on either side. I think the 3" extension would look better anyway. The design is great, but just a touch too short for my tastes.

Added bonus, its likely you could fit your nano in there, if you plan things properly! Great looking hilt, I look forward to seeing it complete!

Yeah i may have to go to the 3" even tho i prefer a shot hilt. i think the 3" will give me the play i need. i have been playing around with the design since i have time waiting on parts to come in stock. here are a few i came up with.

Vinvicare 2.jpg

Vinvicare 23.jpg

The claw design i created playing around. Dont know how i would actually make them or out of what but i like them.

They would not be easy to attach that way. The rear connection is over the threads so you couldn't really screw them in right there and if you only attach them at 1 point, you'll want slots in your emitter to keep them from twisting around.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Yeah the last design needs some re-thinking. I don't want to have to cut slots. I think inam going to go with the second claw design. I just need to decide which pommel I want to use. If I go with the tapered end I can use the 2" section cause I can put the recharge port in the pommel. But I think the pointed one is more "Sithy". Either way I am stuck waiting on parts to come in stock. I was also thinking of doing some major etching to this hilt. Something along the lines of how Satele Shan saber is etched. That real intricate stuff. Not sure if it would look good but a thought.