Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Finally, Greenie delivers the goods

I was just looking for a saber with this particular inspiration for a costume I'm working on and intended on just buying one but...

It looks great! Your work looks impeccable and the vented crystal chamber is beautiful!

I wasn't sure how difficult it would be with mhs parts but perhaps with Tim's assistance I can do something similar!

Well done. I like how the vents are put into the fluted extension. Super smooth.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Thanks again guys. Yeah, I kinda surprised myself with how it turned out. The inspiration came from the Kannan saber, and an idea on how to make a tsuba with no machine, although it did offer this in the wish list. image.jpg
    Originally it was only gonna open for access to the micro sd but once I found a crystal and went ahead with the chamber I wanted to 'know' it was in there without opening and the fluted style seemed perfect for slotted windows

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

That looks great. I can tell alot of hard work went into that one. So when's the next one?

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    That looks great. I can tell alot of hard work went into that one. So when's the next one?
    Thanks snilam, you could call it a labour of love. As for the next one..... I'm already twiddling my thumbs
    I promised my 5yr old daughter hers was next. I may take on MHS v2 for little hands, but as we all know this hobby can be expensive and all consuming and life gets in the way

Beautiful saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Thanks snilam, you could call it a labour of love. As for the next one..... I'm already twiddling my thumbs
    I promised my 5yr old daughter hers was next. I may take on MHS v2 for little hands, but as we all know this hobby can be expensive and all consuming and life gets in the way
    I love the mhsv2 parts! If I get around to making myself another saber it will be v2 based. You'd be amazed how it feels in the hand.

Quote Originally Posted by snilam View Post
    I love the mhsv2 parts! If I get around to making myself another saber it will be v2 based. You'd be amazed how it feels in the hand.
    The v2 cram-fu will be a new challenge, just as I'm becoming familiar with v1. There will be more though as my brilliant Dad has just bought me, for my birthday, a mini metal working lathe. Got my eyes on the MHS blanks now

Oh and thanks ARKM for the comment

Really awesome work, super clean inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    I hear you. The other day I thought up a little MHSv2 design for my little brother. I can't say it's high priority, I've got 3 more planned before that, but at least the empty hilt would be under 50 bucks haha.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.