Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wiring check, Prizm with RGB-Rebel Star

Question Wiring check, Prizm with RGB-Rebel Star

Hey there!

I am about to build my first color-changing saber, and I hope you pros can look over my wiring diagram.

WP_20150809_15_04_28_Pro.jpg

I didn't draw the RICE-cables, as they are really hard to get wrong, even for me

Does the rest look ok to you?

Common positive for the rebel star dice (red with a transistor, I was planning on leaving green and blue without one), general power indicator on one of the switch LEDs (with Dyna-Ohm resistor), 2 momentary switches, and a recharge port.

Again, excuse my horrible attempt at drawing...

Any opinion on this is appreciated!

Looks good to me.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Much appreciated, FJK!

That diagram is nice & easy to follow. Kudos. Are you planning on only resisting your red or did you just mean you're putting a 1ohm 2W on each color?
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I was actually just going to use a resistor on red.
    I never had a blue or green single LED gone bad without a resistor, neither on a NB or directly driven in a stunt setup.

If you were to tell me not to go resistorless, I'd probably reconsider
    Last edited by TenFootNine; 08-10-2015 at 10:28 AM.

All main LEDs should have some type of resistor (even if it's a small one) on them.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

OK, I have now soldered a 1 Ohm 2 Watt resistor on each positive.

I have tried the LED-module now by hooking it up directly to a 3.7 18650 Battery.

Is it normal that the LED is really dim? You can see the color, but the brightness is nothing compared to even the most basic, cheap 3W LED.
    I'm trying a different battery now, but what am I doing wrong here? Wrong resistor value?

The general idea is to use the proper resistor for the color(s) in question. Blues and Greens usually use .47Ohm .5W resistors.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Of course, but red should have been ok...

But I found my mistake
    Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, what was your mistake?
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.