Thread: Graflexish (an Arduino Lightsaber)

Default Graflexish (an Arduino Lightsaber)

Hi, folks. I've been at it again. I've gone pro! Well, sort of. Somebody actually commissioned me to build this one. It was a friend of a friend kind of thing. They saw a PVC saber I built for a family member and, upon realizing that lightsabers were "real", they offered to pay to have one built. They said they wanted something inspired by Luke ESB so after a few iterations, we settled on this design concept using MHS parts:

I was already working on a prototype of an accelerometer-enabled Arduino lightsaber control board, so I decided to just finish building it and toss it in this build.
    [IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/whz7c

Lost of soldering later, I got the Cree XPE2 module linked in via MOSFET and fired it up.

Cram-fu? Oh yes. It's ain't no NB, but it fits.

And, done.

Video:

Enjoy!
    Last edited by JakeSoft; 08-08-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Pretty cool. Nice slick body on it. I don't usually like that blade holder but it looks nice on there.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

I assume you are using fonts from the NEC format because of the break in the sounds?
    Wouldn't fonts for the Plecter format have a smoother transition, since the hum is mixed in?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Xusia View Post
    I assume you are using fonts from the NEC format because of the break in the sounds?
    Wouldn't fonts for the Plecter format have a smoother transition, since the hum is mixed in?
    The font used for most of the video "Patchwork" is so named because it's a mash-up of sounds from all over the place. The result is a custom font that I built up myself. The gap in the hum is because I forgot to mix in the hum for one of the swing sounds. Typically, yes, I do use (slightly modified) Plector font sounds because it saves me having to do the mixing. See some of my other YouTube videos for examples of various fonts that I've used with the system.