Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First Saber; very comfortable with soldering and electronics

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    You'll need to hack the board to work on a single cell. Or you can switch to a Prizim. Make sure to read up on the manuals.
    Yeah, PCs are meant to run off of a 7.4V so you have to "hack" them to run off a single cell. It explains how to do this in the PC owners manual. But like darth chasm pointed out, you might consider switching to a PRIZM, which are made to run off of a single 18650. Pretty sure the PRIZM has a 5.5V limit like the NB. The PRIZM is also a bit smaller in size than a PC.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Have you considered simply moving the activation plate higher on the hilt? You wouldn't have to change any of the electronics at all that way, just mount the AP on a shroud or something on the ribbed section... In fact, you could even shorten the hilt by an inch or so if you did.
    Last edited by sgcdialler; 08-08-2015 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Addition

I have thought of having a shroud; never thought of mounting the box on it though. As far a a shroud goes, would I just simply have holes drilled and tapped through the shround and the main part of the saber?

Can I just use 2 single batteries and solder them together in series? I could put one in the hilt, and the other in the ribbed section.

EDIT: using phone. It autocorrects incorrectly sometimes.
    Last edited by Alriightyman; 08-08-2015 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added another question

Sorry for the double post, but I updated my parts list (1st post). I changed the design a bit (it's longer) and I decided on a different battery. Anything else?