Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can I get any critiques/corrections for this wiring diagram?

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Just keep your joints clean. This is how I wire my tri LEDs but you don't need to do it. Whatever you're comfortable with.
    Alright, I think I may actually do it this way then. If I'm not mistaken, it would just be the same as my orginal design, but I would not wire the positives in parallel at the LEDs? Just wire them together after the resistors?

Just for example, if you were running all 3 dice Triple.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but your image is a little small for me to see what's going on. But FJK said it's good and there should be very little change, just 1 wire bridging across the face of the star instead of going down through the heat sink.

Liiiiiike this, methinks. NB FoC.jpg

Bleh. My little diagram got shrunk down, too. Hopefully you can still see it.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Just for example, if you were running all 3 dice Triple.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but your image is a little small for me to see what's going on. But FJK said it's good and there should be very little change, just 1 wire bridging across the face of the star instead of going down through the heat sink.

Liiiiiike this, methinks. NB FoC.jpg

Bleh. My little diagram got shrunk down, too. Hopefully you can still see it.
    Yeah, I'm really not sure why my image got shrunk down so much. I made it ridiculously large so that people could read it, but that obviously didn't work. I've tried reuploading a few times as an even larger file but no dice. The diagram you posted was pretty close to what I had, so I think I understand the concepts, which is step 1. I just need to wait for the soundcard and speaker holder to come back into stock .

We limit the size of the images posted here on the forum. Normally, you post your pic to a (photobucket or similar) and then post a link, and people can blow it up from there.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    We limit the size of the images posted here on the forum. Normally, you post your pic to a (photobucket or similar) and then post a link, and people can blow it up from there.
    Well, now I feel stupid lol. Thanks for that, hopefully *this* link will be legible for all. Now I know why so many people looked at the thread and opted not to comment .

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...pszhhlb8b8.png

So this is the original picture I linked. Assuming I follow the advice given to me, it's the same except I would link the positives off of the LEDs and have resistors for each blue die.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Yeah, I'd noticed that it happens, but for some reason the first photo I put in that comment ended up larger than the second. I guess cause file is larger? I guess I hadn't considered file size before, just image size... Either way, normally I post with my photobucket or just imgur.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.