Thread: I've taken my first step into a larger world....

Default I've taken my first step into a larger world....

This is my first saber with sound. Even with a few hiccups detailed on other threads, I couldn't be happier with how this turned out.

I envisioned this as one of the many training lightsabers used by younglings during the Old Jedi Order. In the aftermath of the Purge, an enterprising clone spared several lightsabers from destruction and sold them into the black market as curios. After passing through many owners (one of whom modified it in a way that would make the Imperial Ministry of Redundancy Bureau proud), it came into the possession of a clever tinkerer who was able to bypass the safety protocols of the saber and make it fully functional as a weapon. Still, without the proper training, it is little more than a relic of a more civilized age.

It makes use of methods in Madcow's simple saber tutorial on YouTube. A 3.7V Li-Ion battery powers a Tri-Cree Royal Blue-Royal Blue-White array with Flash-on-Clash thanks to the PEX board and a Nano Biscotte sound card.
    Last edited by o8jedi; 08-04-2015 at 10:41 PM.

Congratulations. Weathering looks nice. I have to wonder, though, why the D-ring and covertec knob?

Also, nice Homsar avatar.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Congratulations. Weathering looks nice. I have to wonder, though, why the D-ring and covertec knob?
    Somewhere in my headcanon for this weapon, one of its previous owners wanted to wear it on their person for the intimidation factor, but didn't have the appropriate mechanism to carry it conventionally. With necessity being the mother of invention, they added the D-ring so they could wear it on their favorite utility belt. Thankfully, the weapon changed hands before it could be confiscated or reclaimed by the Empire.

That and it adds a strange bit of quirky character to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Also, nice Homsar avatar.
    RrrrAAAAaaaAAAaaaaAAAA-I'm a life-time councilmaaaaaannnn!

I love the storytelling that went into this piece!