Thread: Hilt Parts Question

Default Hilt Parts Question

So I was just wondering, can a saber just be pommel, main body, and blade holder? Like does there have to be an extension or choke in between? I plan on using hilt style 2, blade holder 15, and pommel 4. Thanks for the info on that. I know you guys most generally have something under the blade holder though but yeah
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

That looks pretty sweet in the MHS Builder. The blade holder has a sort of choke look built in. Note when you see the "internal view" in the builder this design has just over 6" internal space. You'll need to think carefully whether that is sufficient for all you plan to put inside. Choose your heat sink, battery, sound card + speaker appropriately. Only lots of forum searching can answer 'appropriately'.

Pommel, blade holder, and some kind of double-female section to connect the two. That's technically all you need for your saber. Chokes, extensions, etc are all optional. If the saber is really short, your cram-fu may be tested.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

it's your saber... as long as you can wire it and use it comfortably, that's all you need

my saberstaff is literally just a 5 inch extension and 2 emitters... that's it... but it's unique, and mine... a few other people have tried to get to grips with it, but the short grip and spin speed make it a very unique weapon.

make it your own and run with it... the only limit is your imagination and the amount of swearing you can do while wiring it

Its just gonna be a simple stunt CREE LED module set up type thing with the suggested 4 AA battery pack and buck puck of course so probably just the pommel, main body, and blade holder should be fine

i did that too, just a stunt saber Cree, mine was a staff but essentially two complete sabers connected (blade holder, hilt, coupler piece,repeat) , and they each have 4 AA batteries a switch and a resistor and i had trouble cramming that in...so i would pick up the right resistor just in case the buck puck doesnt fit...i had to pretty much wedge and sand down a bit of the resistors edges and get it next to the switch to get it to work..

Meh. I'm gonna wait until some parts are back in. Having another design idea anyway I want to give a try I think you guys will like. The 3 inch extension with the cut outs I'm gonna try using under the blade holder. Should look interesting and have a good feel too