Thread: Chassis Disc - What's the difference between the styles?

Default Chassis Disc - What's the difference between the styles?

Chassis Disc style 2 with holes and Chassis Disc style 5 with holes look the same. Does it matter which one I use in my Chassis? Chassis Disc style 5 is currently out of stock

First, Welcome to the Forums.

Yes, it does matter. The Disk#5 is more of an "anchor disk" which means it has a slightly larger diameter and is used to keep a chassis fixed in place. the Disk #2 would allow most pieces to be slid easily over it.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    First, Welcome to the Forums.

Yes, it does matter. The Disk#5 is more of an "anchor disk" which means it has a slightly larger diameter and is used to keep a chassis fixed in place. the Disk #2 would allow most pieces to be slid easily over it.
    Thanks for the answer. I guess I just have to wait for them to restock the style 5 then. Any idea what the turn around time for that is generally?

It shouldn't be too long. There was a huge sale recently, and the shop move, and all the upgrades, so they are working hard to get everything "back in stock". Just hit the "notify me" button, and you'll be notified when they are back.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

So disk#5 will only go as far as the end of the threaded parts in an extension, whereas disk#2 will slide freely through an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by ColdVizjerei View Post
    So disk#5 will only go as far as the end of the threaded parts in an extension, whereas disk#2 will slide freely through an extension?
    Correct.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

Oh nice! I thought they were the same product just looking at the pictures at first.
    Just checked again and saw the differences in OD between the 2. This is pretty neat!