Thread: Red Dot 16mm AV Long Momentary Switch

Default Red Dot 16mm AV Long Momentary Switch

Hello all,

I have a Red Dot 16mm AV Long Momentary Switch. I expected the four prongs (two for the switch, two for the LED). It has eight. So, I understand the LED + and -. But, the other 6 ... do I connect the three on one side for the switch in and the three on the other for the switch out? Here is a pic of the yellow dot AV switch: YellowDotAVswitch.jpg

Do I need to use all six prongs for the switch to work?

Thanks.

You do not need all 6 to use the switch...this is a DPDT style of switch, which is used to control two separate circuits with the single button. Pick the terminals on one side and just use those. The C1 terminal is a common so you'll have to use that one. The other terminal you use will depend on how you want the switch to operate...NO1 is "Normally Open", meaning the switch needs is open to disconnect the circuit (the button is in the "up" position when the switch is off) where NC1 is "Normally Closed" (the button is "down" when the switch is off.) I personally use the C1 and NO1 terminals when I use one of these switches.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.