Thread: NBv3 and tri-rebel bbw

Default NBv3 and tri-rebel bbw

Hi all,

I'm going to be wiring the above but I have a quick question.

The white will be wired to the foc with a 1.2 ohm 1w resistor, the 2 blue will be for the main blade. If I use a resistor on each blue they will also be 1.2 ohm 1w but the nb manual shows using a single resistor for the 2 led's. If I wanted to do this how do I work out what resistor is required to handle both led's

Thanks all

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forums.

You can find the specs for the rebels here http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Lu...Star-P523.aspx

And you can check the links in my sig for figuring out your resistor needs. We tend to recommend one resistor for EACH led.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks, I've worked out the resistors for each individual light just couldn't find a guide to work out what resistor was needed if running 2 lights off a single resistor as per the nb manual

Blog Entries

The resistors for your blues are 4x what you need (0.3 ohms). You'll get a little brighter output with a .47 ohm resistor. Your choice of course.

Ah I see what you mean, the forward voltage on the link you posted to tcss is different to that on luxeons site (2.95v @ 700ma) so that's why resistor calculator suggested 1.2 ohms

Blog Entries

Hmm, if I have the same page you do, I'm reading in the footnotes (4) that the 2.95v is at 350mA. http://www.luxeonstar.com/lxml-pb01-...ebel-led-470nm

Thats about a third of what leds in sabers are typically driven. We tend to drive leds at their max current (1000mA). 700mA for reds, ambers etc.

Thank you so much for your help. So if I go with the forward voltage from link you posted at 1000ma for my calcs I should be good? And run both blues off their own resistor not one

Blog Entries

No problem. Yes you should be good. Just double check if you decide to buy the led from somewhere other than TCSS. And yes, a resistor on each led is commonly recommended.