Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2nd Lightsaber Need Help Wiring Tri-Cree LED

Quote Originally Posted by Yorginsnarff View Post
    your budget for a STUNT saber is 300 bucks?! You're gonna make one kickass saber lol. My sound saber cost 330 :O
    I'm willing to spend big bucks to make my dream saber come true. To be honest I think most of it is going to go into the hilt. I doubt it will get to 300. I will probably only end up paying $210.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    If you haven't ordered yet, since you're just using white, I'm going to go ahead and suggest you use a single XP-L instead of a triple XP-E2. It'll be easier for you to wire and unless I'm crazy, an XP-L at 3A is brighter than 3 XP-E2s at 1A each.

If I were going to make a white saber, I'd be buying an XP-L to try out. I've not seen one in person but I hear good things.
    I also have found a tri XP-L star. In the cool white color the lumen output can reach up to 1563 lumens.

Quote Originally Posted by SaberScorch View Post
    I also have found a tri XP-L star. In the cool white color the lumen output can reach up to 1563 lumens.
    oh lawdy... don't look directly at it XD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is a link for the XP-L at TCSS

It's not in stock right now but of course if you can't wait for it, I'm sure you can figure something else out.

You could buy that triple XP-L but if you really wanted to drive it to its potential, just stop and think about the battery solution and heat management. It might even harm your blade. I'm not sure how hot that could get but I'm betting it's pretty hot.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorginsnarff View Post
    I got some pics for ya :P

Attachment 11707Attachment 11708Attachment 11709Attachment 11710Attachment 11711

in your case, you'd just attach the third resistor onto that remaining positive and group that loose negative up with the rest That way, you could attached them to a JST and be on your merry way :P
    wich kind of power source could you use to power those 3 leds in parallel? a single 18650 ? and wich kind of resistors would you use?
    i am building my saber, and I want to use the tri-cree xpe2 to make it very bright