Thread: Guardians part list.....in need of feedback

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Default Guardians part list.....in need of feedback

Gosh....I hate being the guy that asks this but....
    I need help.....with.....my parts list

Ok, so I had posted about a year ago, but didnt feel like committing the crime of necroposting.

So here is what I got :
    Hilt( driller for av and rice port )
    Emitter( need to thread and tap)
    Pommel( ordered)
    Av switch
    Drill tap set
    Thread grease
    Thermal tape
    Clips
    Pommel inserts
    Solder
    Goggles
    Plenty of copper cored wire
    V2 heat sink for tri rebel star

Need to order:
    Choke ( out of stock )
    Tri-Cree ( not sure what I need, but thinking blue, red, green , so hopefully I can learn the color mixing and get some nice yellows and cyans)
    Petite crouton v.3
    Impact sensor
    Battery pack ( I don't have a clue what I'll need)
    2-3 watt speaker.
    Chassis
    Blade

Now , I know I should probably go with a li-ion set up, but looking at the voltage calculator and adding up the values of the individual LEDS on the tri-Cree I'd need to have more than a 7.2 volt 2000mah setup, which I'm not sure the store carries . I have to be off so somewhere , not sure what I'm missing here.

What I'm seeing according to the calculator :
    Blue Cree needs 3.47v at 350 ma
    Green needs. 3.58v at 350 ma
    Red needs. 2.59v at 350ma

1050 ma?
    Roughly estimating voltage 2.6 +3.6+3.5= 9.7+ ? For speaker . I'm assuming I'd need at least 10v forward

That already is more than what a 7.2v power pack is gonna handle , on top of a 2w speaker.
    So if I were to get two, I'd need a helluva regulator / regulator of about 6. 8 ohms

Aaand the 3.5 petite crouton
    Power supply : 5.5 to 11 V / 2.5A (with the High-power LED). 2 li-ion cells (18650 or 14500) batteries recommended. Compatible with a single cell pack with a simple hack.

Soooooo....would I need to place a 3.3 ohm resistor before the board on the positive lead

Any input, corrections or modifications enthusiastically welcomed .
    Be forgiving of the past, hopeful of the future and mindful of the present.

are you running all three dyes in series or parallel? (This matters A LOT)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See my replies below in RED

Quote Originally Posted by Guardianofwinds View Post
    Gosh....I hate being the guy that asks this but....
    I need help.....with.....my parts list

Ok, so I had posted about a year ago, but didnt feel like committing the crime of necroposting.

So here is what I got :
    Hilt( driller for av and rice port )
    Emitter( need to thread and tap)
    Pommel( ordered)
    Av switch
    Drill tap set
    Thread grease
    Thermal tape
    Clips
    Pommel inserts
    Solder
    Goggles
    Plenty of copper cored wire
    V2 heat sink for tri rebel star

Need to order:
    Choke ( out of stock )
    Tri-Cree ( not sure what I need, but thinking blue, red, green , so hopefully I can learn the color mixing and get some nice yellows and cyans)
    Petite crouton v.3
    Impact sensor
    Battery pack ( I don't have a clue what I'll need)
    2-3 watt speaker.
    Chassis
    Blade

Now , I know I should probably go with a li-ion set up, but looking at the voltage calculator and adding up the values of the individual LEDS on the tri-Cree I'd need to have more than a 7.2 volt 2000mah setup, which I'm not sure the store carries . I have to be off so somewhere , not sure what I'm missing here.

What I'm seeing according to the calculator :
    Blue Cree needs 3.47v at 350 ma
    Green needs. 3.58v at 350 ma
    Red needs. 2.59v at 350ma

1050 ma?
    Roughly estimating voltage 2.6 +3.6+3.5= 9.7+ ? For speaker . I'm assuming I'd need at least 10v forward

That already is more than what a 7.2v power pack is gonna handle , on top of a 2w speaker.
    So if I were to get two, I'd need a helluva regulator / regulator of about 6. 8 ohms

A 7.4V Li-ion setup will work just fine. All Plecter Lab boards are designed to work with either 3.7V or 7.4V battery packs. Your "mistake" is you are just adding up values without completely understanding how things work. You also don't need an "impact sensor" the PC has that built in.

Aaand the 3.5 petite crouton
    Power supply : 5.5 to 11 V / 2.5A (with the High-power LED). 2 li-ion cells (18650 or 14500) batteries recommended. Compatible with a single cell pack with a simple hack.

Soooooo....would I need to place a 3.3 ohm resistor before the board on the positive lead

You don't put a resistor between the battery and the board. The board can handle the "input" from the standard battery packs that are sold here in the store.

Any input, corrections or modifications enthusiastically welcomed .
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 07-26-2015 at 07:49 AM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

Ok, thank you guys. I'm gonna keep reading to see what I can find, apparently I'm a bit over my head
    Be forgiving of the past, hopeful of the future and mindful of the present.