Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to Mount Button on Curved Interior Surface? (Guarding Latching Switch)

Default How to...?

Hello, all,

Thanks, I appreciate it.
    Last edited by T-Minus Now; 12-25-2023 at 12:08 AM.

There are a couple differently sized bezels in the store that can be used for this. They're for the anti vandals, but you might find one that works.

Blog Entries

Maybe a locking washer or some sort of rubber bushing. Tightening in the middle of the hilt I imagine is going to be very difficult. Maybe needle nose pliers if they're long enough. I can't see it getting very tight though.

Actually, the bezels can be used both outside and inside the hilt. Very handy inside to have a flat surface for the nut to tighten against. This can get expensive, however, so I tend to use a simple washer of the appropriate size.

Now as for tightening the nut when the switch is in the middle of the tube? No real tips or tricks there, just long pliers and a lot of patience. And hope you don't have to take it apart later...

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

You could always thread the hole and screw the switch in.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    You could always thread the hole and screw the switch in.
    Is that a service that you would provide? I feel like people (like me) would love to see that in the store.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

This is The Custom Saber Shop.. if you can dream it we can probably do it... for a fee of course

We can do cutouts, engraving, custom parts, grooves, flutes, knurling, switch holes, etc... All you need to do is send us a E-mail with what you want done for a quote.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Not to take work from Tim, but another option that I've done in the past was to drill a 1/2"(or whichever size it takes) hole and force fit the switch in. If you'd rather use the nut, you can use a screw driver to tighten it up by pressing on the corners of the nut to spin it on the switch. I use this method on all of the internally threaded switches, including the AV's.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    This is The Custom Saber Shop.. if you can dream it we can probably do it... for a fee of course

We can do cutouts, engraving, custom parts, grooves, flutes, knurling, switch holes, etc... All you need to do is send us a E-mail with what you want done for a quote.
    I gotcha, but what I meant was that if you added that to the list of services in the store along with all the other hole services, I bet tons of people would pay for it. As it is right now, maybe people might not even realize it could be done or wouldn't want to bother asking for custom work. I mean, hell, I've always done it like Jay-gon with the screwdriver but now I'm thinking I'll be paying for threaded switch holes pretty often, especially if it's in a hard to reach spot in the hilt.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
    Is that a service that you would provide? I feel like people (like me) would love to see that in the store.
    Umm ... it is available. When you ask for a switch hole to be bored out, ask to have it threaded as well