Thread: The birth of "Creed", the sword of peace! (WIP)

Default The birth of "Creed", the sword of peace! (WIP)

Hey guys! Wanted to take some time to share my new project; an old republic saber I am calling Creed, the sword of peace. I have spent countless hours designing and thinking about this saber. This is going to be my Opus, my most elite creation to date. This thread will serve as the official build thread, and I will continue to post updates as it progresses.

A little backstory: Creed is imagined to be the saber of an elite Old Republic Jedi, something like special forces. It is called Creed because of the iron clad allegiance to the light side of its bearer. When you see the parts, this should be clear. The design is very elegant, but formidable, this saber is almost 15" long. It will be a two handed Juggernaut style hilt, something with plenty of leverage used for very heavy battle. It goes without saying that this Jedi is of the Guardian class.

So lets talk about the features. It will be running a Crystal Focus 7.5, CEx, and Tri-Cree XP-E2 RGrB for full color mixing. The battery is a 2x 18650 7.4v 3400mah pack. the speaker is from railmaster, and is the 2w premium. It will feature a full length 8" chassis and crystal chamber reveal, and a blade matched crystal chamber. I very well may end up adding some 0603 SMD LEDs to the board itself as well. Activation and aux switches are two 12mm anti vandals and will be mounted on the old claw adapter in the store. The body will be a contrast of shiny aluminum and media blasted parts, ALL MHS, and ALL customized by Tim. This saber is shaping up fantastically, and I will be assembling it very soon, just waiting on more custom parts from Tim, and for a few things to make it back in stock.

Without further Ado, I present the birth of Creed, the sword of peace.

IMG_1020.JPGIMG_1022.JPGIMG_1023.JPGIMG_0929.jpgIMG_0941.JPG

The chassis is custom 3D printed, as well as the crystal chamber, which is printed in steel, brass, and bronze. The MHS section above has the old Jedi mantra engraved by Tim in Aurebesh.

Looking good Zahc! I recognize that chassis :P Nice work on the CC too

Thanks man! I didn't do the CC, got it from the same place and person as I did the chassis. There's a custom extension in that chassis for the big humongous battery.

That's a great looking chassis, where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    That's a great looking chassis, where did you get it?
    He 3D printed it
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Elegance doesn't compromise functionality.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually. I didn't print it myself. It was professionally printed by a specialty company. I can't link to anything, but I got it from a nice fellow named Darth Ryo who owns G.OT.H. Custom Sabers. If you google that name and do some detective work, I am sure you will find the droids you are looking for. Or so to speak.