Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Purple blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bomber View Post
    You don't want to use white in your mix for purple. It will wash out both leds, making a pastel purple.
    I'm guessing the white was FoC but if I was gonna use 3 dice for a purple I'd probably play around with a rB/B/dR But that's just me. Mace's saber is a little too pink for me, I'd want some extra blue to play with.

But yes, beware of color mixing with white. It is very dominant.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Please excuse my noob-ness but why not use a 5w purple led? I'm making a stunt saber for my niece's wedding and I just found out her favorite color is purple.... First time ive made anything fancier than a wooden broom handle sticking out of some sink pipe. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWalker View Post
    Please excuse my noob-ness but why not use a 5w purple led? I'm making a stunt saber for my niece's wedding and I just found out her favorite color is purple.... First time ive made anything fancier than a wooden broom handle sticking out of some sink pipe. Yikes!
    The best way to make a purple in a shade that you'll like is to mix Royal Blue and Red together.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Yessir, I read that earlier in the post. However, I'm still curious as to why that works better. My guess would be that the 410-420 nm is too close to UV light to be very bright? Thanks for the reply btw.

Having separate blue and red dice allows you to create the shade of purple you want. If you use a single purple LED you're stuck with whatever shade it is.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I just wanted to echo what FJK and Miraluka said. Purple is an especially preferential color. What one person thinks is an ideal shade of purple may be the worst purple in the world to someone else. Hence it is best to customize the shade of purple to fit the users' preferences rather than have them be stuck with something that may not be their "ideal" shade of purple.