Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video: Power Level Indicator for box style 1

Default Video: Power Level Indicator for box style 1

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

During the sale I actually bought two of the other PLI and that T8 tube specifically so that I could attach the PLI to the inside of the tube to hold in in place with the cut out in the hilt. I am happy to hear you give that as an example, because that makes me feel much better about the practicality of using that method!

Hey Rob, just shy of the 5 minute mark, you plug in the 3.7v battery with the single LED mod. It looks like the very bottom red LED lights up very faintly... is that normal/a feature/a bug/who knows?

I kinda like it, just curious. Great new video!

Just thought of another question, but this may be for Tim: I see that the other PLI now comes on a black PCB instead of green, is this PLI w/switch going to a new PCB as well? I haven't been completely sold on the look in box 1 mainly because of the color, black would completely change that!
    Last edited by TrypWyr; 07-21-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I think the red does light up slightly not sure why.. When we do another batch of these I will probably switch to the black PCB.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Yes - red was on very faintly in the single LED mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    I think the red does light up slightly not sure why.. When we do another batch of these I will probably switch to the black PCB.
    Black would be awesome.

And thanks to Rob for another awesome video.
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    When we do another batch of these I will probably switch to the black PCB.
    Sah-weet!

Great overview of the PLI Madcow! Thanks for these helpful video series.

One question (and sorry if this is obviously covered elsewhere), can the PLI go after the recharge port in the circuit--that is, between the sound board and the recharge port--so that the kill key switches the PLI on/off, and so that the charger plug cuts power to the PLI when charging?

Yes, that would work fine.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Fantastic, thanks Silver Serpent!