Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New to saber building

Your second calculation, the one without the switch LED, is correct. Like Miraluka said, the 1 Ohm, 2 Watt resistor is fine.

nobody will awnser?
    obi wan...coolest Jedi EVER!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obi2kenobi14 View Post
    hey how bright would a tri cree with a 3.7 volt battery and 2.7 resistor be? on a scale of 1 to ten.
    About the same as with any other configuration. What drives the LED is current, as long as you are pumping 1A through it the Voltage isn't going to matter much as far as brightness is concerned. The reason we Limit voltage is because the LED can only handle so much before it blows so as long as it is resistored properly (You would need a smaller resistor for a 3.7V battery vs a 7.4V battery) then they should be about the ssame brightness. Note that with a Resistor, as your battery drains the blade will get dimmer, with a buckpuck this isn't the case.

MrMcCrunch, I've been thinking about where you're placing your blade retention screw. If you haven't already, you may want to watch Madcow's blade retention screw video on YouTube.

So in the notes are we able to provide a link to an image where we show how we want to service to be done? If so then I feel like I could explain it much better. I know it isn't that accurate of a description. But I feel like this is easier to explain.

http://i.imgur.com/eTCJxZ0.jpg

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to send that link in your comments but you could probably just say something like "centered, 1/2" under the lower lip of the blade holder"

If you really want a thumb screw lined up with the box mount, you could file the screw down so it doesn't extend inside the blade holder. It would just be decorative. Use another screw on the opposite side, like in your picture, for blade retention.

If two thumb screws don't feel right, use an 8-32 x 1/4" set screw for blade retetion. It holds the blade and doesn't stick out of the blade holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    If you really want a thumb screw lined up with the box mount, you could file the screw down so it doesn't extend inside the blade holder. It would just be decorative. Use another screw on the opposite side, like in your picture, for blade retention.

If two thumb screws don't feel right, use an 8-32 x 1/4" set screw for blade retetion. It holds the blade and doesn't stick out of the blade holder.
    yeah but asking for it to be lined up is a fairly common request and it's doable. No need to worry about extra screws that way if he/she doesn't want them. I'd only start bothering with things like that if I had already received the parts and had forgotten to request that they be lined up or something like that.

What I meant was two drill and taps in the blade holder. One on the "short" side of the blade holder for blade retention. One on the "long" side of the blade holder, lined up with the box, for a decorative greeblie.

I made the suggestion because that was the original design.
    Last edited by Generic Jedi; 07-22-2015 at 05:16 AM.