Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: first build, Saberstaff

I really like the color of those amber crees! Good looking saberstaff!

Hey, that'll work! Looks good. How does it handle?

Kinda wishing i turned the main bodies around so the buttons were on the inside now lol would make it easier hitting the buttons lol
    other then that it feels great! took it outside the other day and spun it around pretty quickly, pretty balanced in my opinion.

I...love...it!
    obi wan...coolest Jedi EVER!!!!!!!

So a couple months later i finally remember/felt like updating the now 100% completed project. I actually finished it near the end of august but just never thought to upload the pics lol
    Any way I added the planned shroud (which was fun because my first time tapping holes) and after weeks of testing saltwater etching on random bits of aluminium (and even a public speaking speech on saltwater etching) I felt ready to etch the shroud...I was kinda in a major skyrim addiction at the time so etching is kinda based off of Nordic steel design. Its not a very deep etch, but it does have an apparent depth and feel to it and I couldnt ask for a better result .
    20160301_220709.jpg
    20160301_220732.jpg
    20160301_220751.jpg
    Sorry for not the best picture quality :P

Blog Entries

Looks really good, BUT... I will have to demand better pics. It deserves it!
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Lookin good!!

Ask and ye shall receive lol...i dont actually know if this is much better :P all i did was go into my living room for the nice bright lamp. Still my ok-ish phone camera
    20160301_224251.jpg

20160301_224319.jpg

20160301_224456.jpg

20160301_224653.jpg
    I like this last one (or at least the effect) because at a certain angle the etched parts get really dark, but the unetched bits shine and show off very well in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Thats better. Looks very nice. If you like the etching dark you can always hit it with some paint. Maybe dry brush with something matte. If you dont like it you can always take it off with some acetone or thinner, etc.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Good to know for future options. for right now though i just like how it appears to change depending on the angle you look from. At times it looks really dark gray, and others just a really light gray.