Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: first build, Saberstaff

Default first build, Saberstaff

Very excited to show off my completed (well 95% complete, i intend to make a shroud and etch it) first saber

11748788_1024694240882807_1755303771_n.jpg
    11749328_1024694230882808_441443453_n.jpg
    11759081_1024694204216144_898316708_n.jpg (cat sneaking into shot...)

I am very proud of my self with the crystal chamber...took my forever to get the crystal secure in the chamber
    11739562_1024694220882809_1927452489_n.jpg kinda hard to see it well, in hindsight wish i got the piece with bigger windows, but i still love it

also the wiring of the blue 5mm LED was a nightmare plus getting everything to fit in that half of the hilt (only one half of saber lights up the blue led..) but i got it

11749503_1024694210882810_1810671589_n.jpg
    The red magnet wire im using to hold the crystal really breaks the silver look of the saber when its off so i love that lol

Thanks to everyone for helping and answering all my noob questions and helping to make this possible for me

Great build!!! I've always been a fan of saberstaffs and I really love the O-rings for the grip. Crystal chamber came out great and I agree, the wire breaks the look of the silver nicely. What LED are you using for the blades? And do you have sound or plan on upgrading later if not?

Looks great! I've liked that emitter style since I first laid eyes on it! I agree with you on the red wire wrapping the crystal, it's a great accent to the saber.

Im using the Amber crees for the blades (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Am...ova-P1002.aspx )
    It doesnt have sound at the moment, i might consider adding sound in future but thats probably going to be a bit into the future...seeing as i would want the NB board but would have to completely overall every bit of this saber for it. Im currently using 4AAs for each half of the saber and barely had room for them lol.

Thanks for the compliments, it was really fun to build this and dust off my soldering skills lol and catch back up on The Clone Wars show while building it lol

That's what I thought, it's a beautiful color! Totally understandable, some of the cram-fu that the more experienced builders here pull off is astonishing. Congrats on your build, though!!

Nice job, especially on the crystal chamber. Congrats on finishing your first!
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Hermitjensen View Post
    Im using the Amber crees for the blades
    Awesome! I was hoping the Amber Crees would be around that shade when I purchased them for my own staff, but that color is magnificent!

Great job on your saber! Very much like the design, especially the blue crystal chamber in the middle contrasting the amber of the blades! It just has such a great feel to me when I look at that full-body shot

Blog Entries

I'm having trouble loading the images, but I can't wait to see the build. In the thumbnails, it look great. I'm building a saber staff too, so I'm interested in what you did. How long is the hilt?

mines 19.5 inches long. with two 26 inch blades in its 68 inch in total length. i think some would say its a small hilt for a staff but anything longer and it looks way too long to me lol

The double-bladed MR Darth Maul was around 21" iirc, so 19.5" is a pretty good length. Pushing 24" is just getting really close to as long as looks proper, the same way going over ~13" for a single-blade saber is "long" haha