Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with a coupler for saberstaff

Default Help with a coupler for saberstaff

Looking for ideas for a pommel design that would allow 2 sabers to be connected into a staff but not use any screws to hold them. I want like a twist and lock type of joint with some type of releasing mechanism. I am no engineer and can't seem to find anything even close to what I am thinking.

Here is the link to the coupler but I would advise contacting Tim before you order to insure they are still available.
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pr...?ProductId=848

Here is a link to an image of what it looks like. It's based on Slothfurnace design. It's pretty awesome!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hlight=Coupler

Thank you very muxh do you know of anyone actually using one of these. I would love to see an actual pic or a video

I haven't seen any builds in the gallery with this part, but I have one myself. It's not the prettiest part when separated (compared to a standard pommel, anyway). There is a little wiggle when it's connected, could pose some issues if actually dueling with the staff. I use it as a novelty with a twin saber build, light spinning but no dueling.

Also, Darth Ryo made a nice modification on the last page of the thread listed above, added a thumbscrew as a release button. I plan on doing similar for mine, it would help a lot.

Cool thanks. I guess a thumb screw wouldn't be to bad but I don't plan on dueling just spinning and show off stuff.

post a picture when its done i haven't seen a saber staff on these forums yet.

Quote Originally Posted by obi2kenobi14 View Post
    post a picture when its done i haven't seen a saber staff on these forums yet.
    I'm sure if you go through the Gallery, there are some floating around there.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

k also what does it mean when i am force aware

It means your post count is going up...other than that, nothing.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

ok. i thought it might mean i get special discounts or something really important.