Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: First saber build, Need a little input

Sorry i posted the the website to the item that was in question, I should have sent pics of it instead.

And next question. Where or how would some one go about making some friendly suggestions?

As it turns out, A lot of the stuff in the store doesnt come with measurements as far as OD and ID. now im speaking about the electronics.

Also, when you read Hilt electronics, the sound board and the leds are electronics, But leds are in the hilt electronics and the sound boards are under sound, so why are they separate? I would think they both should be under electronics, one folder grouping leds and one for sound.

I do understand about waiting and seeing. bane_render_by_khaine1969-d7x2z83.jpg This is what i am getting, for others that are curious.

Quote Originally Posted by obi2kenobi14 View Post
    how are you guys council members? what does that even mean
    When over 2000 posts you reach, a Council Member you might become.

Or some number around there. It's been a while. It doesn't mean anything, just flavor for the boards.
    Last edited by Silver Serpent; 07-16-2015 at 10:12 AM.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    When over 2000 posts you reach, a Council Member you might become.

Or some number around there. It's been a while. It doesn't mean anything, just flavor for the boards.
    Uh, no post count has nothing to with it. Tim made us Council Members because we have proven to be such a big help to him with answering questions on the forum and helping out other members that we have earned the distinction. We also have limited moderator abilities.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I'm fairly certain I don't have any moderator powers of any kind. Best I can do is click the "Report" button for spammers and the like. The "Council Member" title might be bestowed specifically by Tim, but I'm pretty sure the "Jedi Council Member" title I have is just post-count related.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

I'm fairly certain I don't have any moderator powers of any kind. Best I can do is click the "Report" button for spammers and the like. The "Council Member" title might be bestowed specifically by Tim, but I'm pretty sure the "Jedi Council Member" title I have is just post-count related.
    Yours is SS. The other one is a carry over from a long time ago in a far far away galaxy.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Funny thing is, i never really noticed I have both.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

ok, so update.

Still waiting on hilt, however I am gonna run an NB v2, ive already got the modular wiring for it, the led, switch, speaker, battery, and recharge port. all of it is under the modular section. I have decided for the first time build to keep it simple. 1 rebel star Royal blue, 940mW @ 700ma 3.2V run @1000mA. Nana Biscotte V2, a mometary ring swtich Blue in color 3V @ 20mA.
    I have pre wired the Switch and the 20mA dyna Ohm Variable resistor on the positive terminal, tested it and looks good.

Questions start popping up at this point. Battery wise, I ordered a 3.7V 2600mAh single. Looking at the formula from NB manual, I am now concrened that the Battery will have to much amperage. Since my led will only be running 1000mA or 1A. But after looking none of the packs are set like this. So, Im confused a little. Could someone clear that up a little, is the 26000mAh gonna fry the board and led or what?

Also to my understanding My Power led and the switch led are actually gonna be parallel so how does that affect me?

Sorry for being kinda dense, but it is a real chore having to find documentation on this stuff. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to have datasheets for every thing the store sells, that way it is in one easy to find place. Just a suggestion.

You'll be fine. The 2600 mAh is just a measure of the "stamina" of the battery. A 2600 mAh battery, in theory, will drive your LED @ 1A for 2.6 hours. The battery *could* fry your LED IF you do not but a resistor on it, to make sure it gets the correct voltage (3.2V) and amperage (1A).
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

1 ohm 2 watt resistor should do, According to Led resistor calculator http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz

I have them on my wish list, when THe NBv2 comes around again Ill order all the stuff together, along with a kill key , and lens holder i missed the first time round.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You'll be fine. The 2600 mAh is just a measure of the "stamina" of the battery. A 2600 mAh battery, in theory, will drive your LED @ 1A for 2.6 hours. The battery *could* fry your LED IF you do not but a resistor on it, to make sure it gets the correct voltage (3.2V) and amperage (1A).
    I've never seen anyone use the word stamina to explain battery amperage. That's lovely. Good way to describe it.
    ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.